trouble getting hot-bodies lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:54 PM
dmx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble getting hot-bodies lights

I ordered and payed for my hotbodies flush mounts last month from american ebay (im in scotland) and ive still to receive them.

Messaged the guy (apmoto or something) on monday to ask if he'd at least sent them and hes still not got back to me.

Was wondering if anyone else, particularly from the UK, had experienced problems dealing with this guy?

Im really pissed off cos i stripped my bike last week to tinker with her and decided to leave her in a state of undress so that i could quickly fit the lights, so i havent been on her in like 10 days, which is the longest ive went in about 2 years.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Default RE: trouble getting hot-bodies lights

Its your lucky day...ive got Hotbodies in the garage ...collecting dust....for an 03 RR...send me an address..and ill check shipping prices...and u pay for shipping..u can have em....

Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 PM
dmx

Thanks mate, but id rather find out whats happened to the ones ive paid for!

Seriously - thanks anyway

Why you not putting them on your bike?

Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

Its your lucky day...ive got Hotbodies in the garage ...collecting dust....for an 03 RR...send me an address..and ill check shipping prices...and u pay for shipping..u can have em....
SHOTGUN!! I'll take 'em. They should fit an '05 right?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:39 AM

I bought the hotbodies kit. I would not recommend taking the front cowl off to anyone. Taking it off was not problem, lining up the intakes, etc..., absolutely no fun. Oh yeah when I started putting the hot bodies kit on, it broke!!!!!!!! There is no way to get them to stay secure, UNLESS you have got about 4 hours to tighten them again. Great luck to anyone who buys this crap! These lights do not stay on, so I will wait for my buddy to take off his signals from his ninja zx6r or the Triumph lights. Wait for these, DO NOT BUY HOTBODIES!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 AM

ORIGINAL: arkansashog

I bought the hotbodies kit. I would not recommend taking the front cowl off to anyone. Taking it off was not problem, lining up the intakes, etc..., absolutely no fun. Oh yeah when I started putting the hot bodies kit on, it broke!!!!!!!! There is no way to get them to stay secure, UNLESS you have got about 4 hours to tighten them again. Great luck to anyone who buys this crap! These lights do not stay on, so I will wait for my buddy to take off his signals from his ninja zx6r or the Triumph lights. Wait for these, DO NOT BUY HOTBODIES!
You know, I just bought and installed the hotbodies last night. I'm happy with the end result in how they look/function...but I blew two fuses on the left signal because the wires that go into the turnsignal body were touching and shorted. This was from the factory. I rechecked my solder job because I didn't want to use their crummy splice connectors and I had no shorts in my work and took me a while to figure out what was going on. They seal that area with silicone but didn't do a good job on either so I seperated the wires with a small flat blade scredriver and filled in the rest of the area with a hot glue gun so the bare wires wouldn't touch. Had I known, I would've picked up another brand, but the dealer had these right there in stock.