Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year

I don't know about anyone else...but I was thinking....cool...that one pic is the firetruck from the town where I was brought up...Springfield, PA (delco). I told someone that at work...and they said "are you sure it's from there..." as if I didn't know the colors and designs of the trucks in my home town...

What bothered me was the condition of the one mesh coat. I have a Johnny Rocket coat and I'm not worried that it won't give me enough protection. On top of that I wear jeans. Some of those guys were....maybe I need to invest in pants.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my take on the site.

I ride a bike.
I know the risk.

I don't need people shoving gruesome pictures and horror stories in my face every 5 minutes because I choose to ride one. For some reason, the public's view of bikes is death. That's all I ever hear..........

"You're going to kill yourself."
"It's a murder-cycle."
"Oh, no. You ride a bike? How scary."

.........and the list goes on and on.

Even when I'm at work and someone asks me what I drive, I tell them I ride a motorcycle.......and their faces of disapproval say it all.

Why is it that when people pass away in car accidents, it's an acceptable risk.........but when someone dies in a motorcycle accident, I hear stuff like "he chose to ride it." or "that's what happens on a bike" and s**t like that. I don't know, maybe that site just put me in a bad mood, who knows. But I do not enjoy sites that terrorize a motorcyclist to the point where they're debating whether or not to get back on.

Rant off.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ugh, that made me sick almost.. thats so sad to see. I think im gonna go get some riding pants now..

Aaron

Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I ride a bike.
I know the risk.

I don't need people shoving gruesome pictures and horror stories in my face every 5 minutes because I choose to ride one. For some reason, the public's view of bikes is death. That's all I ever hear..........

"It's a murder-cycle."

Even when I'm at work and someone asks me what I drive, I tell them I ride a motorcycle.......and their faces of disapproval say it all.

Why is it that when people pass away in car accidents, it's an acceptable risk.........but when someone dies in a motorcycle accident, I hear stuff like "he chose to ride it." or "that's what happens on a bike" and s**t like that. I don't know, maybe that site just put me in a bad mood, who knows. But I do not enjoy sites that terrorize a motorcyclist to the point where they're debating whether or not to get back on.

Rant off.
Well put.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I ride a bike.
I know the risk.

"It's a murder-cycle."

Rant off.
I agree 100%. There are risks you take everyday. You know your taking that risk, and you do what you can to minimize it. There's nothing in this world that's really safe anymore. I just think it's propaganda to scare people away from what they enjoy.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:14 AM

very very sad! be safe out there fella's!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:19 PM

that isht is f'n crazy!!........but it's a good site to get the message across that's for damn sure. I'm almost scared to ride my isht!!..........Be safe and may God be with all of us when we're "catchin' some wind"!!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 530Chain

wow....makes you want to contemplate riding again
I do not think again about ridding, Why would it ? ? Unless you are the one ridding like that. I have been on that road and it is fun and a great place to ride. I was their with 17 others and none of us rode like that. And yes we all have big bikes I think the smalest was a GSXR 750