Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Thousands of Bikers!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Thousands of Bikers!!

This starts quietly ... then, they come!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOaMbhhbfg

Old 03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GEEEEEEEEEZ Jules
That sounds like a sewing machine convention - not a decent rumble from anything !!
4 marshalls AND a police car - (and a commentator who still whistles into her mike) and nobody breaking the speed limit.................
What was that, geriatrics united ?

Old 03-29-2010, 02:44 PM

Well, since my voice was non too clear and it was windy this group ride was the Wirral Egg run ... and the weather was a beautiful spring like day :-)

http://www.wirraleggrun.co.uk/

Wirral Egg Run 2010

The 2010 event will take place on Sunday 28th March 2010 with full support of the council, the police and Wirral NHS the event will go ahead and will leave at 11am from New Brighton with the Mayor leading the group.

The route leaves New Brighton along our predifined 20 mile route and takes about 45 mins to travel to Clatterbridge.

It will follow a route through Wallasey Village Road (B5477), Leasowe Road (A551) to Morton Cross, Hoylake Road (A553), through Meols to Hoylake,(A540) through West Kirby, Caldy, Thurstaston, Heswall turning left into Park Gate lane towards Thornton Hough and then on to Clatterbridge Hospital. It is estimated that the run will last up 3hrs from start to finish on a rolling basis.

How many bikes take part

We think that the Wirral Egg Run is the largest event of its kind in Europe. An accurate count of how many bikes take part is very difficult to achieve. Estimates vary, but somewhere between 3,500 and 7,000 bikes take part. There have been unofficial counts taken at Clatterbridge but we know that many riders do not go into Clatterbridge.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadow
GEEEEEEEEEZ Jules
That sounds like a sewing machine convention - not a decent rumble from anything !!
4 marshalls AND a police car - (and a commentator who still whistles into her mike) and nobody breaking the speed limit.................
What was that, geriatrics united ?
lol.

It was like a book on cassette tape.
"oh hi... hi.... hey... hi hi hey.... hi... hey..."

maybe it was a greeting Morse code.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Old 03-30-2010, 03:55 AM

Hey, thank you Steve :-)

I keep working away at it here .. I use these Gripmaster hand grips now ... my
determination is absolute ... I may never again ride like I did last year but I sure as hell
will ride again, even if it's later this year rather than sooner ... and yes, I will video it
too ... just maybe a little slower than what you are used to with me, but what the hell
I needed to slow down anyway and the decision was made for me ..lol

Jules

Old 03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha. That's awesome. funny comment on sewing machines. Clearly, he's never seen a sewing machine do 140mph... ;]

Old 03-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey juliet, that was pretty kewl to see.. even the little baby scooter/mopeds. lol. thanks

I wonder if there are any rides like that around CA I can attend. I love see hundreds of bikes all at the same time...

Old 03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool vid ... more trikes in one place then I've ever seen. The peeps with the ears were particularly interesting.

I will agree with Shadow's assessment of a sewing machine festival. Very quiet ... too quiet. Kept waiting for someone with a shorty to come blasting by but noop.

And in the interest of keeping things somewhat organized on this thing we call a forum ... I moved it to sites-n-sounds ... cause you could see it ... and hear it ... what a concept

Quick Reply: Thousands of Bikers!!