Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year

To me, looking at websites like these are nothing. I've seen people get ran over right in front of my eyes and it hasnt bother me for one specific reason. Physics.

If you boil down riding a motorcycle, what do you think is going to happen to you if you hit a dump truck head on doing 120 mph on a 400 lb machine that is 1/5 the size of a car thats also built for one thing, speed. I understand that since that guy DID hit the dump truck head on going THAt fast, thats why his upper body is sperated from his lower body. physics......

do you think your body will stay together if you fall off of your bike doing more than 200 mph?

like i said, to me its all a matter of physics. the only reason i think this way is because if been working contracting all my life and ive seen countless people fall of building's and die for the same reason motorcyclists's die, and that is taking stupid risk's....

dont be stupid and always assume that anyone is capable of doing anything.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:49 PM

you guys gotta be safe out thur. do not depend on anyone else looking out for you, you do the look out....

br safe and ride smart not stoopid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 08:20 PM

I know this sport can be deadly, but I am getting sick and tired of it being shoved in my face. great way to phux up my weekend,

Ride safe..

Pro.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 AM

Thats depressing as hell, hate seeing crap like that. Ride safe everyone and watch out for all the dumba$$'s on the road. I think you should be fined a huge a$$ ticket for talking on your cell phone and driving, i think it can be just as bad as drinking and driving. Too many stupid people out there. Man im bummed out now.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:39 AM

I believe every once in a while its good to have a wake up call but take all that you see on that link as just that.. I don't think you all went through all the trouble of getting the Motorcycle endorsement, and paying good money on a bike to give it up that easy!! I think before you go and hang up you're gear you should take a second, think, and realize that it can be a very dangerous Hobie.... If not taken seriously. Before I put my key in the ignition I tell myself that everyone is going to try and kill me!!! while it seems like and extreme thing to think about it keeps me more aware of whats around me and what might come up. now as I ride I keep my attention to riding... I don't focus on anything I have ever seen... been there and it messed my riding style severely. So I just think about making sure I have a way out of most every situation and let the rest of the crap in my world off the bike go.
no thinking about the wife being mad at me (even though she has the right she usually isn't anyway)
No thinking about bills I have to pay
No thinking about that hot *** thong on the roadside (although if its that good I will pull over to get a better look)
I think about if the patch in the road is oil or dried tar-via?
is that car going to pull out in front of me??
Is that dog on a leash?
things that keep me from getting surprised... I hate surprises

Old 05-08-2006, 02:52 PM

Horrible, absolutely horrible guys wanna know whats even worse? One day I was in my mustang and I poked my nose around a corner and luckily I had been real cautious because a guy in a jeep came flying around the corner and would have creamed me, after he passed guess what kind of sticker he had on the back of his car "Look Twice save a life motorcycles ar everywhere." Hypocrit!!! One hand washes the other, I don't know how to say it any better than that.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:28 AM

the site is a reminder of the danger, and in the comments *somewhere* someone said something about younger rider's getting literbikes.. well, wake up call.. the 600's have top speeds the same at the 1000's usually (if it's 20 MPH less, it makes NO differance) wether you crash doing 140 MPH or 100 MPH, you're still going to be dead. when I get on my bike and ride, I *hate* riding beside another vehicle, and if I'm force to because of traffic, I make sure I rev the engine a little, enough to be heard when I come up to a car that I wasn't next to earlier.. NEVER assume people will use turn signals.. some people haven't compreneded that lever on the left hand side of the steering wheel yet, or just don't know where they want to go... as for cell phones and drivers... 30 seconds max phone call length.. if someone phones to say "I'm 10 minutes away, see you then" and hangs up.. they are probably not too distracted... someone who is having phone sex with his mistress or engrossed in daily gossip most likely doesn't have their mind on the road.. handsfree sets, though are a *little* better, I'd rather just not have cell phones in cars.. I've been driving in the city for 10 years and have had one accident in my car, and dozens of NEAR misses wher I made my car that is 6' wide slide bewteen things that are 6'1" apart I swear.. on my bike, I've already had dozens of people try and turn into my lane, and cut me off... it's pretty much a daily thing

I enjoy doing wheelies, I'm going to try stoppies, etc, but I like to keep my speed under 50 MPH when i try anything funky... 3rd gear wheelie? not me

fellow riders, keep your eyes peeled, we'r elike those star trek guys that got partly transported, and are invisible to the people on the other ship. don't be psycho either, but have fun

Old 05-16-2006, 03:55 PM

half those people were riding like jack-asses....dont go 150mph through a red light ok! be safe out there

Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM

this website shows the two main reasons OVER AND OVER for 90% of the motorcycle accidents in america....rider JACKASSERY and driver being stupid as ***. watch the video where OUT OF NOWHERE on the freeway a honda car locks up the brakes in the hov lane and starts spinning in circles....the rider that he ran into was wearing a helmet cam....

personally seeing this website has made one thing click for sure....I CANT RIDE ON THE WEEKENDS IN HOUSTON....all the stupid illegal immigrants are wasted from 12pm friday morning all the way until about 10am monday....

is there anywhere that riding is safe anymore?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: thomasintexas

this website shows the two main reasons OVER AND OVER for 90% of the motorcycle accidents in america....rider JACKASSERY and driver being stupid as ***. watch the video where OUT OF NOWHERE on the freeway a honda car locks up the brakes in the hov lane and starts spinning in circles....the rider that he ran into was wearing a helmet cam....

personally seeing this website has made one thing click for sure....I CANT RIDE ON THE WEEKENDS IN HOUSTON....all the stupid illegal immigrants are wasted from 12pm friday morning all the way until about 10am monday....

is there anywhere that riding is safe anymore?
The track. I hate websites like that.

Quick Reply: Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year