Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

POLICE cars gettin faster????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLICE cars gettin faster????

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

You guys that are saying you'll dust them in a second are wrong. All of these police cars are somewhat modded, no, not enough to keep on your a$$, but a LOT of these cars will keep up with you (within visual distsance). The 07 Crown Vics will top out at around 152-154, which is right around us. I have personally been to 141 in an 05 Crown, and itstill had a little more. And a lot of bigger cities usually have air support up most of the day. And any unit who is equipt with camera, when the lights turn on, so do the cameras. Picture of you/plate. And if they do, expect a ticket in the mail, or a nice home visit. And if one of those unmarked cars pulls around you, or is around, and you take off like a bat outta hell, thats groundsfor racing, which just isnt a simple speeding ticket. I personally think running is the most stupid thing you can do. Just my .02 .

The Charger is my personal Favorite!!
They might top out around us, but we can get to our top alot faster then they can and we can fit in between cars, and copers have to wait for the car to realize that the cop is behind them witch can somtimes take awhile because most people are idiots on the freeway.. we could REALLY lose ANY car in heavy traffic cause he will be stuck behind cars... but i will agree with you on how stupid it is to run... the only way i would run is if i just did somthing really bad and dont wanna get cought..lol..

Old 11-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 95FD3S

Up in Fairafax VA, they have a BMW. But is is a convertible 3 series. The license plate is "seized". There is also a pink Lamborghini in D.C. They line up at lights and try and get people to race it, then they pull you over and give you tickets and such.

LoL... that's messed up. I know I'd take a run against a Lambo if I had the chance.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:28 PM
VP

Up in Fairafax VA, they have a BMW. But is is a convertible 3 series. The license plate is "seized". There is also a pink Lamborghini in D.C. They line up at lights and try and get people to race it, then they pull you over and give you tickets and such.
Isn't that called entrapment? You can get off in some cases if the officer provokes you to do it. For example, my friend was drunk as hell driving on the highway and a cop pulled him over, so instead of getting on the shoulder he just stopped in the middle of the road and yelled out the window "I'm drunk as hell" but the officer told him to pull off to the shoulder anyway... long story short he got the DUI charges dropped because the officer told him to operate the vehicle after he already knew the driver was drunk.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:03 PM

Its not entraptment because they are MAKING another person do anything. In your case, they made him move, but they arent making anyone racethem

Old 11-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats crazy he got off like that.

i believe in texas they got rid of it all togethor. there is no such thing as 'entrapment' anymore.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:44 PM

HAHA, Texas has their own set of lawsand does what they want!!! And get away with it, lol.

But most states he wouldnt have gotten off, because the officer was trying to avoid causing an accident by a car sitting in the middle of the road. It was under a controlled environment and wasnt like he was going any further than 15'. But there are afew states that would have accepted a challenge on that appartently. But itshis dumb a$$ fault for driving drunk and stopping in the middle of the road. And either way, I dont see how he still would have gotten out of that ticket because he was driving before he was stopped to, that could have been two diffrent charges because he stopped in the middle of the road.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:48 PM

actually i have had a few police come threw my work (as patients). and they say that the new crown vics are topped out at 120.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:05 PM

They must not be recieving the Police Interceptor ones then, because the 05-06 Topped out @ 148ish. They are projected to be around 154 for 07. I am not sure what kind they are getting though

Old 11-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Isn't that called entrapment? You can get off in some cases if the officer provokes you to do it. For example, my friend was drunk as hell driving on the highway and a cop pulled him over, so instead of getting on the shoulder he just stopped in the middle of the road and yelled out the window "I'm drunk as hell" but the officer told him to pull off to the shoulder anyway... long story short he got the DUI charges dropped because the officer told him to operate the vehicle after he already knew the driver was drunk.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone repeat. If he got off, it wasn't because of that retarded story. All you have to do to make a DWI/DUI stick is to prove impairment, and prove the driver was in physical control of the motor vehicle on a public road. Sure, it varies from state to state - but that's the jest of it. Hell, in most states you can be passed out in your driveway and as long as you have physical control of the vehicle (menaing the keys are within your grabbable/lungable area), you can be arrested, charged and convicted of DWI/DUI.

Also, "entrapement" is enticing someone to do something they were not predisposed to do. If a known drug dealer buys/sells dope from/to a cop, it's not entrapment. On the other hand, if some 16 year old kid with no drug useage history private or otherwise is solicited by a cop (let's just say a female hottie cop) to get them some dope - that's entrapment. He may be arrested initially, but he can get off and have it expunged from his record.

If you drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse all tricked out with the homo-tailpipe and mods and you pull up to a lambo who makes you think he wants to race - and you do - you're fault, you go to jail or get a ticket.

Also, once you run from a cop, in most every state you have become a felon. It's not just speeding or racing, they'll throw the book at you. Careless and imprudent driving, exhibition of speed, speeding, passing a motor vehicle when sufficient roadway does not exist, failure to yield to an emergency motor vehicle, failure to signal during a lane change, failure to stop at a stop sign/light, and probably improper operators license and no proof of financial responsibility. AND, if you really pissed them off, they can count how many times you changed a lane without signaling or how many times you passed a car on the should or split lanes - they can write you a ticket for each offense. You're basically looking at almost guaranteed jailtime, losing your license and being required to maintain SR-22 (high risk) insurance for the minumum of one year.

SO... it's not just a speeding/racing ticket.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 PM

Actual, in Florida, when you get ticket for racing, the charge also posses half of those infractions you listed. Thats why when people run from police like retards or speed or w/e the circumstances my be, you get two or three tickets, because usually the tickets they write you include serveral infractions. What you just listed could be condensed to Attempting to elude police vehicle (or street racing, depending on which instance you use), Reckless or careless driving (depnding on number or infractions you violate), and public endangerment with a motor vehicle.

When you list ehibition or speed, failure to signal during lane change, and failure to yield/stop at a sign, that all goes into one ticket, reckless driving. Reckless driving is 3+ moving infractions in a row in an instance. You arent going to get seperate tickets for each infraction. It all condenses down.

But there are a few states where if it is challenged in instance above described, he cannot plea guilty to a DUI if an officer told him to drive on (however, not many, at all!!). But, in most cases, if it is challenged, all an officer has to do is say he was trying to avoid any further complications such as another vehicle hitting them because they were in the middle of the road, so he told him to drive to the shoulder. Usually, any judge would not drop that charge. So something else, such as paperwork must have been messed up for that charge to get dropped, like I said before. But either way, no matter what cops do, if your in the wrong, yor going down.

Same thing with Street Racing, thats a felony. That can be automatic Vehicle Seizure/Impound and Jail time (at officers discretion). I dont know where you are, but street racing is a pretty big deal down here. 3rd/2nd degree felony.

Quick Reply: POLICE cars gettin faster????