Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

POLICE cars gettin faster????

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLICE cars gettin faster????

You all do realize that even with their speed, the rules of engagement restricts cops from following chases at a certain speed after a certain point of a chase that deems the chase too dangerous or risky. It differs from state to state, town to town, but usually its around 115-130mph or how reckless the suspect is driving. They'll back down but have air support and other ground units setup such as spike strips or road blocks. Best way to get away from the cops is to loose them in turns and dense areas such as neighborhoods and then hide... But I don't advocate this. Don't be a tool, stop and don't endanger your life and the lives of others.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:21 AM

I believe in columbus ohio, they've got 2 seized busas that were built into police interceptors. not much running to be done when you're being chased by a 1300cc monster that can actually outrun you.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:20 PM

Police agencies in Oregon have many police vehicles including but not limited to:
supercharged park avenue
new dodge charger
mustang
camaro
corvette
intrepid
thaoe
expedition
f-150
lumina
jeep cherokee

many of the vehicles that are not your standards like Crown Vics are normally unmarked.
Well, enough out of me.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:45 PM
VP

my uncle's a cop and he says his cop car can go from 0 to 200 in like 14 seconds... they have a bugatti veyron they confiscated from some rapper and it has a helicopter where the hood is supposed to be so it can fly too... oh and it runs on hopes and dreams so they don't even have to fill it up with gas

Old 11-12-2006, 07:15 PM

My sneeze has been clocked at 160mph...

Old 11-12-2006, 08:08 PM

I don't think 5-0 would chase you in a busa?! wouldn't just be asking you "hey lets go faster!"
i don't really see the need for cop bikes that fast, only for P R and stuff. no police is gong to go that fast on a bike anyway. it's to risky for him to die right??

Old 11-12-2006, 08:23 PM

^police sport bikes are usually custom made for a specific department, donated, or seized and then converted. You do realize in Europe and Asia, they have a much higher number of police bikes then the States. While many cities are trying to get rid of biker cops, Europe and Asia as keeping them and actually increase their amount. Lots of metropolitan areas are converting their police forces to undercover/un marked vehicles.

Besides, our infrastructure, culture, and our understanding is different from Europe or Asia.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no kidding, here is sa they actually have like 4 different colors of undercover cars, they all have the police logos painted on in like ghost flames. you can only see them in certain lights. they have red, black, green and blue. each color is assigned to something particular, like road rage or something else. of course, now they even have silver and white cars like that too. oh yeah, and they are still crown vics though.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:35 PM

^noticed that. Saw a kind of hunter green vic that was unmarked in July. Pulled up beside me. I was like... woah, never seen a green unmarked car. Looked like a trooper inside. Our unmarked Mustang GT's are red and the Dodge chargers are Black.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM

In the highway in west Texas I've seen 3 Chargers and nothing but Corvettes...and 1 Cobra...best way to outrun on of this car is:

1. STOP
2. lock you bike
3. Take off running
4. call a friend
5. hide
6. if you got away with it...send your mom to pick your bike up at the local towing place
6. if you didnt get away...sit as close as possible to the walls in the holding cells...and hope the other dum a@@ in there dont wake up

Quick Reply: POLICE cars gettin faster????