Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

POLICE cars gettin faster????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLICE cars gettin faster????

I'm not gonna split hairs with you about the matter...

What you are talking about is called, "lesser and included charges." Where one crime involves 2 or 3 seperate offenses - meaning if you're guilty of the one, you're guilty of them all automatically. True...

But it all depends on the officer and whether or not he feels like it. My time in law enforcement has taught me that if you want 2 charges to stick, throw 10 at them. Judges are notorious for dismissing all but one charge. So, if that's the case, yes you could get a ticket for every improper lane change, etc.

And dude, if you're flipping driving and you are told, "Pull To The Side" that does not in any way show the officer encouraged impaired driving. Come on people... enough of the "one time this guys I knew..." stories. We're all adults for the most part.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Crown Vic Police Inteceptors that Osceola County can only dream about 148+mph. The cars MIGHT do those speeds before the motor pool gets a hold of them. Then comes the installations - prisoner/roll cage, new rear seats, radio gear, computer/network gear, required emergency gear in the trunk, long guns, light bar, etc.

I've been on pursuits when doing ride-alongs with several LE agencies in Central Florida. None of the in-service patrol Crown Vics have the guts to get much over 120 when pressed.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:23 PM

Well, your judges must not like to do their job. I am not trying to argue or say your wrong, I am just telling you how it is were I worked. We didnt have to write 10 different tickets for them to stick. If we wrote one ticket, such as reckless, you MAY get is dropped to careless, very rarely however. And anyone who ever challenged tickets in our city very rarely got charges excussed. All of our units had camera and video equipment in them. Which we could turn on ourselves, or automatically turned on with the lights. So, usually, your actions were on tape. It was just a matter of whether we wanted to go through and find it on tape, or if we wanted to go to court without it, or if we just wanted to let it drop.

Well your cars much be deprived here in Osceola and such (I live in Orlando now), cause back were I used to work, ours did that speed. FHP cars top that easily. They dont play. They had the corvettes and such also up in the zone were I used to work. There rear seats they put in are actually lighter because they are just fiberglass covers, or vinyl seats, without all the reinforcement.Our SUV were the only units that had Rollcages, the cars only has metal or plexiglass dividers. The computer stand may weight a whole 10 lbs, and it just depends on how much crap you carry with you (given, there was all the mandatory equip.) but, I dont see why everyones cars are so different. However, I know our deparment ordered the stage 2 package with their cars /truck, which may have made a little difference.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Retired Administrator

Forget all of the out the cracker-jack box lawyer degree stories here.... props to the 10 year old with the camera. Did you notice how he paused on the license plate!!! It's a normal looking Florida tag. Usually the unmarked cars still have a city or gov type plate that makes them stand out.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:23 AM

lISTEN!!! don't care crown vic!!!, mustang!!!,viper!!! or corvette, motorcycles 600 and up are quicker than cars because they are lighter, accelerate faster, reach top speed sooner and **** like that. and BESIDES police cruisere are v8's wit factory blowers on them and a hotter cam. so stop being stupid please. now about this liscencse plate business, you might have me stumped there( i mean if ur not driviin' sutin stolen that is to say you woldn't run!)

Old 11-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Banned

D2ME,

Must be nice to have that kind of support! Maybe it's a MidWest thing, but in this area it's quite common for the judges and prosecutors to drop most similar charges.

Hell, in my county, if you get a speeding ticket all you have to do is go talk to the prosecutor the day of court and she'll drop it to a defective vehicle, non-moving violation. Assuming it's a relatively small speeding infraction - 5-10MPH over.

Old 11-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Screw the police car, how about this police bike

[IMG]local://upfiles/12238/64243C5925DC40069274807EB5CD9B36.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

WOW!!!

Outrun that beotch!!!

I'm going there tomorrow to put my resume in

Old 11-12-2006, 02:50 AM

Thats funny- a police bike that isn't street legal.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:57 AM

Well the truth still stands that bikez are faster than cars. A'll I'm sayin' now is that if ur stuntin, speeding or doin sutin stupid then good for you for gettin pulled over. cuz you better not be the guy i hit while i'm driving my kid and fiance in the minivivan to the movies on the highway or street. that's y i hope they commision more cop bikes. but there are still a-hole cops though huh? guess it don't matter. 5-0-....wooooop wooooop, thas the sound of tha beast. thas tha sound of tha Police!!

Quick Reply: POLICE cars gettin faster????