Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Now you want to talk about a tight road.... (video)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Now you want to talk about a tight road.... (video)

I'll show you a tight road!

DISCLAIMER: This is not a fast paced video or ride, so if hauling *** and cheating death is your thing, then this video may bore you. You've been warned! This is most definitely not a haul *** road, plus I'll fully admit that super tight and technical I'm not really that great at anyways, so I just took it slow and steady. Lots of debris on this road too, and alot of drop offs so you've gotta be real careful. This is most definitely NOT an area you'd want to go down in, especially when you're by yourself (which I was)

Anyways, was out last weekend riding with some buddies and they took us up this road. We weren't gonna go up it originally but then decided to after all once we got there. This is definitely one of the tightest, steepest roads I've been on in quite some time. Definitely a challenge even at slower speeds, between the steep grades, completely blind curves, and wet leaves and other debris in the road in the middle of a steep hairpin. Still fun though. I busted out the ol' video camera and headed back there yesterday to try it out again. This SR 1151 near Saluda, NC

Sign at the beginning... I told you it was steep. Video definitely does it no justice

Name:  iPhoneUpload-2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  140.2 KB

This is the road on google maps. Last weekend we came at it from the north-eastern direction and it's just smooth easy sweepers for miles and miles and miles, then BAM... this

SR 1151, Saluda, NC - Google Maps

Going up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17oRELQrzac

And going back down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeIz37q5QrM

See why I love living here?? LOL All kinds of roads like this right in my back yard, although I gotta say this one is definitely one of the tightest I've been on in some time!

Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that is STEEP!!! Best have your brakes in good order before tackling a road like that! Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the Video.....looks like a mini Deal's Gap. I see that you kept a nice leisurely pace and kept the majority of your ride around 3-4,000 rpm.

You probably even got to see some scenery.........not every ride on this type of bike has to be knee-dragging/tighten up your butt-cheeks experience.