Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Guys riding the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guys riding the Dragon

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: Vermino

not welcomed in tenn.? go F yourself.. it's ok that you patrol and clock people but to say that - geez.

Tenn dont make no $$ off the Dragon except for the citiations. And they foot the bill for all the airlifts n medical attention when riders go down and not covered by ins. Not to mention its the bikers that brought this on. All of us are guilty to a point, some more than others. And it will be us that will make it better by playing by the rules set forth to us.

Ok grown up responsible talk over. The LEO's up there suck. But if ppl watch it fun still can be had.
This is all IMO:

Yeah, those dudes were moving a little quicker than I would be comfortable with on blind corners. I bet I could have fun out there and remain within 5mph of the SL. As for the cop, he just said bikes were not welcome. He didn't say "you were speeding" or "turn around and get out." Funny how the camera didn't show the rest of the encounter to see if the rider went about his ride. Can you imagine what that LEO has to see down there? How many riders have died there this year alone? That is the ugly side of our sport and I believe if I was an LEO down there I would stop riders for nothing, too. Even if they don't give the rider a ticket, giving them advice to slow down and there was such and such an accident could be enough to make someone go "alright, maybe we should ride a little less aggressively."

Old 09-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Ill be in Gatlinburg, TN the first weekend in Nov '07 if anyone wants to ride the dragon hit me up. Im going with my family so I won't have anyone to ride with.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: Vermino

not welcomed in tenn.? go F yourself.. it's ok that you patrol and clock people but to say that - geez.

Tenn dont make no $$ off the Dragon except for the citiations. And they foot the bill for all the airlifts n medical attention when riders go down and not covered by ins. Not to mention its the bikers that brought this on. All of us are guilty to a point, some more than others. And it will be us that will make it better by playing by the rules set forth to us.

Ok grown up responsible talk over. The LEO's up there suck. But if ppl watch it fun still can be had.
This is all IMO:

Yeah, those dudes were moving a little quicker than I would be comfortable with on blind corners. I bet I could have fun out there and remain within 5mph of the SL. As for the cop, he just said bikes were not welcome. He didn't say "you were speeding" or "turn around and get out." Funny how the camera didn't show the rest of the encounter to see if the rider went about his ride. Can you imagine what that LEO has to see down there? How many riders have died there this year alone? That is the ugly side of our sport and I believe if I was an LEO down there I would stop riders for nothing, too. Even if they don't give the rider a ticket, giving them advice to slow down and there was such and such an accident could be enough to make someone go "alright, maybe we should ride a little less aggressively."
Just 3 I think but they were all 3 within 24/48 hours. One was a d00d lowsided off a 90' ledge, and the other was 2 ppl on a trike went through a boat and made a real mess to see.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr Pink

Ill be in Gatlinburg, TN the first weekend in Nov '07 if anyone wants to ride the dragon hit me up. Im going with my family so I won't have anyone to ride with.
D00d are you following me lol

Welcome, I am assuming your are the same Mr.Pink I know from other forums lol.

And I wont be able to make it then I'll be in CT that weekend.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Can't help that there are so many cops there. Think there are a lot of cops? For each cop there are probably five guys driving like ********. It seems to be OK if a motorcycle crosses the double yellow, doesn't it? It's not. Neither is it if the sideways "gangsta" hat wearing douchebag in his Integra crosses it becuase he thinks he is taking the correct line through the corner. There are cops there because the majority of people who THINK they can drive well can't. And they attempt their lousy skills at the Gap, and invariably crash. Maybe the cops will finally clear out the Darwin idiots and leave the rest of us the road in peace. Public roads are not the place to be hanging off your sportbike, doing 70 MPH around a hairpin -- there are just TOO MANY variables.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Ninjaharhar
Public roads are not the place to be hanging off your sportbike, doing 70 MPH around a hairpin -- there are just TOO MANY variables.
+1 .. Track Days are good for this . But I don't like how they just point and pull bikes over to "talk" to them and "advise" them on things. We are adults and take responsibility our actions.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-mviBU003o&NR=1 stumbled onto that video watching those.... The music is great hahaha

Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr Pink

D00d are you following me lol

Welcome, I am assuming your are the same Mr.Pink I know from other forums lol.

And I wont be able to make it then I'll be in CT that weekend.
Sorry to disappoint but this is the first forum I've signed up using Mr Pink.

Anywho, Im still looking for someone to ride with first weekend in Nov in Gatlinburn, TN / Dragon / wherever our bikes take us.