Do you guys have a 6th sense when riding?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys have a 6th sense when riding?

So ever since i've started riding i've noticed that when scaning ahead i just seem to know who's going to be a jerk or going to do something stupid? And im begining to think riding a bike makes you hone your jackass senses. Just the other day when making a left i knew this silver civic was going to cut into my lane so i made the turn extra tight and had my hand over the front break and sure enough as i complete the turn the silver civic suddenly just pulls into my lane. I broke hard and when when she saw me she smiled and sort of waved apologetically with her hand....that wasn't holding up the cell phone. If there was another lane to the left i would have rode up beside her and smashed her rear view mirror in.

So im wondering if you guys get those "i just know this guys gonna be a dumbass" sort of feelings to.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Default RE: Do you guys have a 6th sense when riding?

Maybe you've got ESPN!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: lilium
So ever since i've started riding i've noticed that when scaning ahead i just seem to know who's going to be a jerk or going to do something stupid? And im begining to think riding a bike makes you hone your jackass senses. Just the other day when making a left i knew this silver civic was going to cut into my lane so i made the turn extra tight and had my hand over the front break and sure enough as i complete the turn the silver civic suddenly just pulls into my lane. I broke hard and when when she saw me she smiled and sort of waved apologetically with her hand....that wasn't holding up the cell phone. If there was another lane to the left i would have rode up beside her and smashed her rear view mirror in.
So im wondering if you guys get those "i just know this guys gonna be a dumbass" sort of feelings to.
Hiyu mate ...
Yer the sixth sense thing is real
As you get a little more experienced it get stronger ( thank god )

I have to ask ... no offense intended .. how old are you and how long have you been on the road mate ??

A hint man .. if you put a little info in your Profile .... we would know better how to reply

I'm 21. And haven't been on the road too long. My CBR1000 is my first bike. Haha i know what you're gonna say, too much bike for me. I agree it is, but what's done is done. But I like life so for the most part i've taken my CBR slow. I haven't done anything relatively risky or dangerous (other than just ride normally.) As much as i want to let my baby lose i rather not till i've got more experience under my tires.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:55 PM

You can see more on a bike and over time, you'll learn to anticipate what's going on around you....

Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Later when your older prolly your sense will work better, it will go from this............"Just the other day when making a left i knew this silver civic was going to cut into my lane so i made the turn extra tight and had my hand over the front break and sure enough as i complete the turn the silver civic suddenly just pulls into my lane. I broke hard and when when she saw me she smiled and sort of waved apologetically with her hand....that wasn't holding up the cell phone"

To this......"Just the other day when making a lefti knew this silver civic was going to cut into my lane, so i slowed and waited for her to make her stupid manuver, then drove on past her."

Old 09-06-2008, 08:43 PM

dude i felt it too. comes in handy when you are lane splitting. but sixth sense makes it sound weird maybe super magic powers is more like. lol glad to here that it get better.

Quick Reply: Do you guys have a 6th sense when riding?