Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Went riding tonight and one of the guys had a pretty bad wreck

Old 10-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went riding tonight and one of the guys had a pretty bad wreck

It was just a bad night all together.5 of usrode north out of vegas to mt charleston and one the interstate going there, one of the guys left side fender just about completely came off. a nice chunk broke off so he dips out. then the 4 of us went up the mountain. nice ride. then it got cold as **** so we pull off the road on one of those "half circle" paved areas on the side of the rode to tak a break. then this one guys bike wont start for a few minutes then it just does out of nowhere so we decide to head back. oh by the way, the guy whos bike wouldn start we met at the gas station fueling up for the ride and he wanted to go. anyway, he took this one corner too fast and dumped his bike. by the time i got around the left turn, all i saw was smoke or dirt everywhere to where i could hardly see and some guy walking out into the street. we all stopped to see what happened and sure enough he ran off the outer side. he said he slowed down as much as he could so i'm assuming he hit the brakes in a turn which is a big no no. i was the first to him and i yelled if he was alright and he said i think my arm is broken while walking up to me with an arm bent between the wrist and the elbow. he ended up breaking both bones n his arm, dislocated his right shoulder, and the doctor said he broke something around the collar bone. no one new what to do so i got pissed and toldoe of the guys to follow me to get help. i was like i gotta come accrossa vehicle sooner orlater and about that time, a guy shows up and said he would help us out and took the guy to the hospital while we followed on our bikes.

AND he has been riding for 2 years! just goes to show that anything can happen. Anyway, here are the pics (didn't get any of the bike. we were too worried about getting him to the hospital)

Name:  PIC-0124.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  39.1 KB

Name:  PIC-0120.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  PIC-0119.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  PIC-0121.jpg
Size:  73.6 KB

Name:  PIC-0122.jpg
Size:  86.7 KB

Name:  PIC-0123.jpg
Size:  73.0 KB

Old 10-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Default RE: Went riding tonight and one of the guys had a pretty bad wreck

Wow. Sorry to hear about him. I hope he heals up quick. That helmet sure did save his face. Ride safe.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:03 AM

Shoot man. At least he came out of that walking. Woulda sucked if he had fallen down the mountain. Ride safe man.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yikes!! [:-] Crashes suck!! Glad to hear he came out of it alright though, despite the broken arm... it definitely could have been much much worse! Thank god for helmets, looks like he would have been fu***d without one for sure

Oh well, everybody is still alive, so as long as it can be chalked up to a lesson learned, it ain't that bad. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:46 AM

Glad to hear he is alright to a point. Keep the rubber side down.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 AM

Damn broken bones are expensinve ... oh, and painful! Best wishes to a full recovery!