Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Florida Riders watch out!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Riders watch out!!

There is absolutely NO way they could even think about winning that court case. Any lawyer with half a brain could punch 1000 holes in one cop remembering some licence plate. That is total BS, I wish I did live in FL so they could try this to me. I could retire at 23.

MDFF

Old 01-09-2007, 10:23 PM

My Two CENTS! Install a bright white LED light that will insense make your plate more visable correct? WRONG try it... I spend $6.00 too make this change in my garauge... you cant read my plate worth ****....

So pull over if im speeding? why so you can take my bike??? fu*ck this subject it making me alittle mad..
I'v been lucky and have got away with a few speeding tickets because the cop was alright and just wanted too know what I ride.. NOTE: "an alright cop" they are out there but its 1 in a million.. I dont want my bike too be taken away from me because im doin 40 over the limit.. this is just insane.. if you see the red and blue lights twist your right wrist towards you and let them hear your "600" or "900" what ever it is you ride scream intoo the horizian.. this is just BULL****,
& what are the chances of them seeing our plates?? 99% of the time there at a stand still.. im not saying run.. but do what you think is best at the time.. KEEP your wheels rubber side down.. Ride safe, wear your gear and the most important thing.. Have fun when your riding.. thats what it's all about.. ( maybe there just alittle pissed off at us being that were having fun and doing what we want too do.. money issue? or respect issue maybe?let me know what you all think about my post..)

Old 01-09-2007, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 900RR Puzzle

Apparently, this is a "knee-jerk" reaction to a trooper that was killed a couple years ago, trying to catch-up to a speeding sport bike. The trooper was driving a Z28 cop car and blew a tire at 130 mph. So, now all sport bike riders are bad.

I learned this from a fellow Floridian rider on another forum.
Well there is a similar case that just happened not to long ago here in NY. The Craig Todeschini incident, where the fleeing motorcyclist new hew was being chased. The trooper was trying to catch him in an SUV. The trooper lost control of his SUV and hit a tree and died. At the time of the incident, it was only a misdemenor(sp?) but the law was passed before the kids case went to trial. The law I'm referrring is that it is now a felony to elude. So, they were able to charge the kid with criminally neglegent homiside. So because the cop lost control of his vehichle, they charged the kid with the crime. I agree that if the kid hadn't run, the pursuit wouldn't of been engaged. But, at what point does responsibility of the trooper come into play?

I'm a rider, that likes to do a wheelie here and there, rip through the twisties too. But if I were a cop and saw a high speed bike go by, I would just use my motorola and other tactics. I certainly would not engage in such a pursuit which exponentially increased the risk to everyone involved. I duuno, that's my two cents.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: AlpineCBR600

if you see the red and blue lights twist your right wrist towards you and let them hear your "600" or "900"

im not saying run..

but do what you think is best at the time

that makes no sense? and the best thing is to pull over, if you want to take your chances and run so be it. but you will eventually loose, either your freedom or your life.
im not agreeing that they should take your bike away at all, however, its because so many riders think like you and just run that eventually police and political offificals have had enough.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 AM

That's that bull**** right there.[:@]

Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 AM

WTF! great so it was bad enough there are Bad cops that are only cops because they were picked on or had no friends as a kid and feel they have to be a cop for the power. And now they can go and say hum I don't like that person you know what I will just call in a chase, report the plate and have the bike picked up. because this guy looks like someone who used to be cool or picked on me.

Florda should spend more time putting mufflers back on HDs and handing out tickets for that!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:19 AM

its true it was in last Sun paper. I would not have posted it if it wasn't. I do agree with you though on it could result in more bikers running to try to avoid getting their rides taken.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:31 AM

Re-fookindiculous !!!
The trooper was trying to catch him in an SUV. The trooper lost control of his SUV and hit a tree and died. At the time of the incident, it was only a misdemenor(sp?) but the law was passed before the kids case went to trial. The law I'm referrring is that it is now a felony to elude. So, they were able to charge the kid with criminally neglegent homiside. So because the cop lost control of his vehichle, they charged the kid with the crime. I agree that if the kid hadn't run, the pursuit wouldn't of been engaged. But, at what point does responsibility of the trooper come into play?
Even the cops aren't responsible for what they do Yeah blame it on someoneelse !!!!!! What a CROCK !!!

Quick Reply: Florida Riders watch out!!