Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

brake checked

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake checked

Cop Brake Checks a motorcycle after weaving through them - YouTube

you think the cop did this out of frustration?

Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM

what a douche...well..on the other hand...these guys should have moved out of the way in the first place...

Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 PM

They were both in the wrong and by wrong I mean being ..... The motorists should've given the right of way to the LE Officer. Most every state requires you to slow and move over and give way(normally to the right if being approached from the rear ) to a police vehicle with the emergency lights activated. The LE Officer could've used his siren, but it was apparent he was messing with the motorists. We don't have the full video/story but from the clip given, they were both being 5 year olds. If the LE Officer never turned his lights off, it would make it appear as though he wasn't "messing with people."

Last edited by gotcbr; 04-18-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: no flaming
Old 04-17-2012, 11:17 PM

Not sure, but it kind of looks like he "brake checked" because one of the other riders cut him off. You can see one riders cut across in front of him then accelerate and take off.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 AM

Ok first off he probably had his siren on but your not going to hear it from behind the vehicle on the highway. Second, it almost appeared he was trying to get through the group of riders enroute to a call and the jackassess would not get out of the way. I know from experience that can be very frustrating. Third, the retards are toying with him thinking they are untouchable. It is likely he cut his lights off and got off the interstate because he could see how the guys were riding and it was a matter of time before someone wrecks with each other or goes down trying to show off and it would be on him since he had his lights on and it looked as if he was pursuing them.

People need to grow up. They need to realize had he been trying to get somewhere for an actual emergency and he could not go anywhere because of the retards riding in front of him. Its all fun and games until you actually need a cop and you have morons like these hendering his response...

Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cgrace986
Ok first off he probably had his siren on but your not going to hear it from behind the vehicle on the highway. Second, it almost appeared he was trying to get through the group of riders enroute to a call and the jackassess would not get out of the way. I know from experience that can be very frustrating. Third, the retards are toying with him thinking they are untouchable. It is likely he cut his lights off and got off the interstate because he could see how the guys were riding and it was a matter of time before someone wrecks with each other or goes down trying to show off and it would be on him since he had his lights on and it looked as if he was pursuing them.

People need to grow up. They need to realize had he been trying to get somewhere for an actual emergency and he could not go anywhere because of the retards riding in front of him. Its all fun and games until you actually need a cop and you have morons like these hendering his response...

look, they were in the wrong... but i don't give a flying sh*t, the LEO was in the wrong first and foremost. his #1 priority is to keep the public safe, and to weave through traffic and then brake check someone when you're an LEO on duty is simply unacceptable - whether the guy is a douche or not.

why were the LEO's lights on anyways? there obviously wasn't any emergency. he turned off his lights and cavalierly got off the highway.

the cop should be punished, and so should the motorcyclists. but the LEO is held to a higher standard - especially regarding to safety of the public. he shouldn't be a cop

Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM

Second, it almost appeared he was trying to get through the group of riders enroute to a call and the jackassess would not get out of the way.
This is pure speculation.

A better hypothesis for what is going on here, is the officer was trying to get to the front of the pack, where he most likely witnessed the original crime (speeding, stunting, etc). During his attempt to do so, some riders did move to the right as required, some did not.

At 1:10, you can clearly see the police officer has a large swath of highway in the left lanes to continue his pursuit "enroute to a call." At the same time, you can see the motorcycle directly in front of the officer stop quickly, and then accelerate immediately, causing the "brake check."

At 1:15, the officer tries to prevent the motorcycle directly behind him from passing on the left, but the motorcycle overtakes him easily, further refuting the officer "was enroute to a call."

After the failed attempt to control the motorcycle group and subsequent attempts to control individual riders, he smartly turns his lights off at 1:20, and moves to the far right lane, and exits the highway.

The officer made the correct decision, in calling off his pursuit of any members of the group, knowing his presence at the time risked endangering not only his personal welfare, but the welfare of the riders, and other motorists.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM

It is very possible he could have been pursuing them also...not a smart move in my book as there are too many variables..and for what? a traffic ticket? So as for that aspect yes he made the wrong decision. Some departments have different policies about pursuing over traffic violations. Personally I would have never pursued.

As for the brake check, he was clearly cut off, causing him to hit the brakes. The rider should have never been riding directly behind him but further back. Im not defending anyone, just saying there is always other possibilites that the general public never seems to understand. It is always the cop is in the wrong and he is such a douche...

And had I been in that situation, I would have done the same and cut my lights off and terminated the pursuit by exiting the interstate

Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 PM

gone like that?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuan23

At 1:10, you can clearly see the police officer has a large swath of highway in the left lanes to continue his pursuit "enroute to a call." At the same time, you can see the motorcycle directly in front of the officer stop quickly, and then accelerate immediately, causing the "brake check."

you're forgetting a critical part of the story. he had 2 full lanes to get out, around, and up to the lead of the pack, but he chose to instead dive back into the group of bikes. it doesn't matter that the motorcycle stop and then accelerated - the cop shouldn't have never been there. he should have pulled all the way to the left lane as the on ramp merged - instead he weaves back into the group of bikes for no reason.

Last edited by Conrice; 04-18-2012 at 08:12 PM.