Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Looking for those who ride west Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for those who ride west Virginia

I ride an 02' 954. I've ridden the Blueridge Parkway from georgia to Virginia. The Tail of the Dragon [tailofthedragon.com], the Natchez Trace Parkway from Natchez mississippi to nashville Tn. I usually do a 1500 mile or so ride every spring. I plan to ride West Virginia spring 2007. I read an article in Motercycle Travel magazine about a mountain range in W. Virginia. The name escapes me now.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Looking for those who ride west Virginia

WV is a BEAUTIFUL state!! I wish I would have had more time to explore, but I had to stay on route otherwise I never would have made it home on time, LOL. But Rt. 33 all the way across WV.... you'll love it, TRUST ME!

This was on Rt. 33 right at the VA/WV state line going into WV
Name:  GAPtrip250.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  120.1 KB

Gallery with the rest of the pics if you're interested... the WV pics start at the picture of the WV state line sign an go until the Ohio state line sign

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-sfaurn

Old 12-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Ironmang

There's also some other roads that looks real nice too.... Hwy 250, Rt. 19, Rt. 15, Rt. 16, Hwy 119, and tons of other roads that look awsome. I stuck to Rt. 33 then up to Rt. 50 and took that over into Colombus, OH. I loved 33 though... super clean road and I don't think I hit a bump the entire way.... smooooth as glass

Old 12-13-2006, 03:47 AM

Used to live there

DubV for uhhhhhh 15ish years i guess

Old 12-15-2006, 05:51 AM

I live in WV & ride the curves all the time... Just watch for the country road gravel & the deer... & you will have a blast! If ya'll ever around and wanna ride, or need directions or something hit me up.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:15 PM

First of all, to thirdgenlxi, 74,000miles on an 04 F4i OUT-FREAKIN-STANDING!!!!! I just ordered some info on WV so as to plan my ride. Rode thru a portion of WV 2years ago but this year we want to spend about 4 days exploring and seeing as much as possible. By buddy rides an 05' 636. He's all about having a destination and seeing something enteresting or staying somewhere where Elvis ate lunch or something. For example, we once rode many miles out of the way to Virginia Military Institute so he could see some rock where legend has it the Sigma Nu Frat was begun. Not particularly interesting to me but VMI was cool and a good photo op. Thanks for the comments, advice, and pics.
Do you think i could tour on a RC51 the way i do my 954. Those things are a littlehigher than i expected- sorry off topic. [X(]

Old 12-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Ironmang

Thanks!! My sig is a little behind too, it actually just turned 75k yesterday while I was up in Lakeland, FL on a weekend trip, so it's at 75,300 something now. But anyways, your buddy sounds alot like me! hahaha Hell I ride all the way across the state just to go eat at Sonic cuz we don't have them here, lol. Or I ride hours and hours just to go across a cool bridge. Hell that was the whole reason for going all the way over to VA beach on my roadtrip was just to go across the Cheseapeake Bay Bridge! (<-- I've got a thing for cool bridges... don't ask)

Now as far as an RC-51, don't get me wrong I LOVE the RC's they're awsome bikes (I'm still thinking of buying one! when I can afford another bike[:@]), but take my word for it... NOT a touring bike by far! My buddy had an '04 Nicky Hayden edition that was beautiful! He rode it every single day cuz it was his only transportation cuz he doesn't have a car (well besides his '85 Goldwing before he sold it, lol). It was fine for short trips, but anything over 1 hr or so you really start hurting. Last year we rode up to Daytona to biketoberfest, and him and I kept switching bikes back and forth on the way up there and back cuz the RC is so uncomfortable (and it is!) and he needed a break on a somewhat comfy bike. The vibrations cuz it's a v-twin don't help any on the long rides either. That being said, I still want to buy an RC, but no way in hell am I getting rid of my beloved F4i for it

Oh btw, my buddies RC mentioned above was stolen a couple months ago... he was heartbroken