Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.
View Poll Results: Do you think about this trip?
He will make it, people really can do good things
76.19%
He wont make it, its to long/ crazy of a trip
4.76%
He should just fly from Washington
4.76%
He will make it, and I want to join the ride!
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Alaska to Alabama ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the offer Don, im not sure if im gonna need to take a break then or not. That one will depend mostly on how the weather is and what time it is when i make it to WA. I might cruise by and say hey if I get the chance.
As for the route I do know, the ferry will drop me off at Bellingham WA. and I will head down to route 84.. or errr highway 84 and take that east. Lookin on mapquest that looks like a decent road. I havent mapped out anything past that yet though.
When I start the trip im just gonna start a new thread so its easier to find, and keep this forum updated on my location and stuff.

Like I said to a new friend over PM, first off to everyone who is or was in the military thanks for your service also. To everyone else thanks for the support of the troops. Being over here in Iraq you know, your kind of cut off from the rest of the country, so you tend to forget how everything is. Soldiers, like myself, forget what its like to be a "normal" person and for me at least, just talkin to you guys on a forum helps me remember how alot of the US is. Well the biker part at least. I forgot how helpful most people are.
Over these past 11 months ive been here, all we get is death stares from the locals and were pretty much just stuck in our own little zone. The only real helpful thing you get here is from your team mates and other people in your company and thats it. Everyone is basicly the same so you grow accustom to the same things. We go to expecting very little cause thats all we get.
I gotta go for now, talk to yall later

Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I doubt you'll have any need to pass through Louisville, KY. but if you do, I've also got a place for you to sleep and free food for you to get going on. Stay safe.