Road Racing Tell your stories here.

WSBK GUYS VS. AMA RACERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WSBK GUYS VS. AMA RACERS

both will be at miller motorsports park in may....

who will have the better times....

i'm not sure how big a difference there is between the 2 org. and thier policies for what a superbike is, but i remember a couple of years ago suzuki tested will all their riders and m. mladin and corser were very competative and not freindly toward each other with their lap times....

just curious who u think is faster and where the better riders r.....

i personally think spies or mladin will be the fastest but over all that weekend but the faster and more competative series is wsbk. they should have a race between all superbike riders, just once a year or something....like ama, wsbk, and the british sbk.[/align]

Old 11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Default RE: WSBK GUYS VS. AMA RACERS

I agree on getting all the best riders from all the series together on the same track in the same race. What would be really cool is to have an IROC race where the riders choose their identicaly prepared same make and model bikes by a lottery. That would be a race worth watching. Never gonna happen though.

There are a lot of unknowns in WSBK this year. If the lame Duc (1098 with restrictors) is fast, you cannot count Bayliss out. Sofoglu on the 10 Kate Honda is going to be a major player.

I'm going to put my money on one of these guys over Spies and Maladin. I do love seeing Mat win because he's an old guy. I'm sick of seeing Suzukis on the podium though.

My heart hopes Hodgson kicks everyones *** on the new CBR1000.

The Daytona tire test is just around the corner....

Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM

just found out this....what a bunch of garbage....
i think that the people that run the "world" superbike didn't want the ama guys to have faster times on the same track cuz they imply by the word "world" that it is more elite than ama.

There are two reasons for taking this approach, according to MMP Media Manager John Gardner. “First, so there will be no direct comparisons between World Superbike and AMA Superbike,†lap times, said Gardner. “And secondly, World Superbike requires a clean track as far as signage goes. So they will put their sponsor signage up on the Outer Course, and the AMA can out its sponsor signage up on the inner portion of the 4.5-mile course. It works out pretty well.â€

Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM

I saw that a couple of months back. Forgot about it until you reposted it.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 PM

I think the top level riders are all going to run about the same speeds, reguardless of who they run with; WSBK, AMA, BSK, etc... The problem with the AMA is the depth of the field just isn't deep enough and the "supported" teams don't get enough support to be competitive on a consistant basis. Don't get me started, let just say the AMA really needs to pull it's head out of ...

The pit situation is going to suck at MMP that weekend, becuase the AMA paddock is getting shafted. But I'll still be there working with one of the FX teams [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 11:17 AM

Just sticking this here because anyone interested will probably check out this thread.

"DAY 2 Qatar WSBK tire test

Superbike
Rider Bike Team Best lap
1 Corser Yamaha YZF R1 Yamaha Motor Italia WSB 1’58.6
2 Haga Yamaha YZF R1 Yamaha Motor Italia WSB 1’59.2
3 Bayliss-Checa Ducati 1098R F08 Ducati Xerox 1’59.5
5 Nieto Suzuki GSXR1000K7 Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra 1’59.6
6 Fabrizio Ducati 1098R F08 Ducati Xerox 2’00.1
7 Sofuoglu Honda CBR1000RR Hannspree Ten Kate Honda 2’00.3
8 Kagayama Suzuki GSXR1000K7 Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra 2’00.9

Supersport
Rider Bike Team Best lap
1 Parkes-Foret Yamaha YZF R6 Yamaha Motor WSS 2’03.0
3 Pitt Honda CBR600RR Hannspree Ten Kate Honda 2’03.3
5 Mc Coy Triumph 675 Triumph - SC 2’05.0
6 Paul Young Triumph 675 Triumph - SC 2’07.0"

Old 11-29-2007, 02:47 PM

Pirelli wasthe majorreason for using the two different layouts for AMA/WSBK, they don't want a comparison between the AMA Dunlop teams and WSBK Pirelli control tire. It seems pretty crappy at first but they really have a point, Pirelli puts too much $ and developement into WSBK to get shown up by Dunlop when there are other layouts that can be used.

I wish I could be there, I went to Miller in 06 and had a great time. Would have been awesome to see a WSBK race

Old 12-06-2007, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

Pirelli wasthe majorreason for using the two different layouts for AMA/WSBK, they don't want a comparison between the AMA Dunlop teams and WSBK Pirelli control tire. It seems pretty crappy at first but they really have a point, Pirelli puts too much $ and developement into WSBK to get shown up by Dunlop when there are other layouts that can be used.

I wish I could be there, I went to Miller in 06 and had a great time. Would have been awesome to see a WSBK race
you also have to remember that the AMA and Dunlop have had 2 seasons there with a crap load of riders. The Pirelli teams in the AMA padock can give the WSB Pirelli engis a bit of info but not the broad range that the Dunop crew can.
Good example was Laguna this year, saw both Tech 3 riders in the top 10 I believe cause the Engis had tons of data from the AMA guys to build their tires on,.