Road Racing Tell your stories here.

chaz davies--ama front runner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chaz davies--ama front runner?

How do you think Chaz Davies will fare in his first season of A.M.A racing?
For those of you who dont know who he is--used to ride lower budget 250 GP bike and got some good results--recon he knows a thing or two about setting his ride up--he'll win a few this season me thinks--learning the tracks will be his biggest obstacle?? whatyathink?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:59 AM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chaz davies--ama front runner?

nice showing at Daytona, but I think it will take this season to learn the tracks. it is also hard to beat those factroy rides.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM

I seriously doubt he'll win any this year, but my guess is he'll probably be one of the top 3 true privatieers. So hopefully Yamaha will booth Jason D next year and pick up chaz, but my guess is that if he has a good season he may pick up a WSB or WSS ride next year.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:41 PM

You could be bang on with your statement--though i think hes better than you think he is--we'll see
p.s good luck with your racing m8,just wish i could live the dream...too expensive...just have to do more track daze

Old 03-30-2007, 05:08 PM

Oh, I think he's probably one the most naturally talented in the AMA, but his equipment just isn't on par with the factory stuff and at that level, it's got to be at, or real close to it, to content for wins.

Thanks, Luck is always a good thing to have racing!

Old 03-30-2007, 05:46 PM

Isnt he on last years factory R6,not sure who was riding it last year--was it one of the Bostroms--Eric?
Do you know if Neil Hodgson was offered another ride before leaving the PU Ducati squad?---- if he was he should have taken it cause hes back over here with no ride this season--what do you think of him?

Old 03-30-2007, 05:56 PM

Been watchin AMA on motors t.v for 2 seasons and think its a great series to watch, interesting tracks,very close racing and with such an immense field of riders--watchin Maladin and Elbows dicing was awesome-some of the best riding ive ever seen-do you recon you'll be there racing one day?

Old 03-30-2007, 06:15 PM

I thinkCeltic did buy their bikes from Yamaha (or Graves), they should have a great program this year

I do think Chaz will do pretty well, not sure if I think he'll winraces though
definitely somebody to look out for in the future

Neil was offered a few rides, he turned a couple down and a couple more "didn't work out"
sucks that he's out of a ride but he's better off not having a ride than taking a crappy ride and barely finishing top 10
that kinda thing is always gonna happen to some extent, there will always be more championship capable riders than there will be championship capable rides

Old 03-30-2007, 06:20 PM

yep, he definitely came from 250s....

Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 AM

Yes, Celtic did buy E-Boz's superstock bike from Graves. But I've heard it was without a few of the "special" factory componets... But Celtic is gettingn some back door help from Yamaha this year.

I'm a huge Hodgson fan. I still think he should've replaced lanzi on the factory WSB team... He'll be back next year.

I'd like to do a AMA FX class race at Road America sometime in the next few years, but I just can't afford it right now (I figured it out last year and I'd need a minium of about $2500 to do one AMA weekend). But I'm too old , too broke and too slow to do a full AMA season, and then theres that thorn in my side called my job...

Quick Reply: chaz davies--ama front runner?