Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Racing 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spies will be there. But will he get the same treatment as Larenzo ?? If so I'm afraid Spies will have a bit of upward battle with his own team mate.
yeah, I don't see Spies sitting back and watching Lorenzo win. I think Spies on a factory bike will be quite amazing. He's been there pulling the same lap times as the factory guys, its only been his consistency thats plagued him. Once he's settled on a full factory supported bike, he will be a world champion within the next several years. The nice thing about his new ride is that its a yamaha. He doesn't have to learn an entirely different bike, he will just have all of the support and tech that wasn't available to him this year.

I don't think Spies' deal is done yet.
They announced Spies for the factory ride a few races ago and also in a yamaha press release. Unless something else has come up, its a done deal.

My ptredictions that Hayden won't be around on a factory team after Ducati
Its definately a do or die year for Hayden. He's done much better than last year, and I think with Rossi being his teammate again, will boost him that much more. In all honesty, if the field wasn't so stacked with so many talented riders, he'd be right there at the top. Its honestly getting to the point where all factory rides (minus Suzuki), have really competitive bikes, and it truly comes down to the rider. Also, Hayden doesn't like the electronic controls on the bikes. he uses the least amount of anyone, and that is probably his biggest downfall. I wish they didn't have any traction control crap either. I wish it was down to just the rider's skill. But its a different world now, and Hayden doesn't adapt well to change. If Hayden doesn't do well this year and gets cut. I can see him going to World superbike for a factory ride there. Of course, not may riders want to ride for Ducati. Honda was the ride to be on for quite a few years. Now Yamaha is the ride everyone wants.

My prediction, Rossi will get the Ducati winning the same way he did it for Honda and Yamaha. It wasn't that many years ago Yamaha wasn't winning anything until Rossi was signed and he really turned them around.

I guess we'll all see what happens. I think Rossi will have a huge positive effect on Hayden, and the two working together will see quite a few double podiums for Ducati. After seeing Hayden getting much more aggressive and confindent, I think next year will be a great year for him.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 AM

Gentlemen... You question Stoner??? I think he will do well with Repsol. I think next year the gun will be on Pedrosa... They let Rossi & Hayden go to showcase him & no championship... I actually think Stoner is the Wild Card, that will put pressure on Pedrosa & Dovizioso to win. Plus 2012 the bigger bike, which I think will favor Stoner. Rossi, will be there battling as well as Spies who has been competitive on the second squad bike + he has a chance to learn the tracks better too. I hated Rossi & Pedrosa got hurt or the last few races, I think would have been more exciting.

Last edited by CYCDUP; 10-20-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:23 PM

Remember something about Rossi though. This year nothing was shared with Lorenzo from Rossi's team to help Lorenzo. To be quite frank. The same will happen in the Ducati camp. Hayden will play second fiddle to Rossi. That will not help Hayden secure another contract with a factory team. As far as Hayden not running the electronics ??? Hes using them..... he just has had a upward battle learning them. Not to mention hes a big guy in comparison to the other riders and he had to deal with Honda putting him on a bike that development was for a small rider. He's a dirt tracker and thats hard to get around. Rossi though has said many times he would prefer no traction control. Be that he came up in the ranks on the 500's he know what it takes to ride a bike at its ragged edge.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:04 AM

This year nothing was shared with Lorenzo from Rossi's team to help Lorenzo.
I really don't think thats true. the bike itself was developed by Rossi and his team. I certainly don't want to take away anything from Lorenzo, he deserved to be champion, I just don't think he would be where he is right now without the help of Rossi. Whether its from Rossi's development, or input, Lorenzo benifited greatly from being Rossi's teammate. Plus, Yamaha wants both bikes as far up as possible. Im sure they didn't compare notes on each track, but I think information would have been shared on some level.

If information truly wasn't shared between Lorenzo and Rossi, I don't think it will happen with Rossi and Hayden. Both of thier camps have the mentality to do the best they can, and on race day, the better rider will win. Rossi and Hayden shared information before when they were teammates, Im sure they will again. Hayden will benifit greatly from Rossi again. They both have respect for each other, they get along well and there is no anomosity between them. Im sure Rossi will benifit from Hayden initially, then Hayden will benift from Rossi later on in the season.
Gentlemen... You question Stoner???
LOL. yeah. he did well. But I still question him. He either wins or crashes. But the Honda is much more forgiving that Ducati and has better feel. Something the Ducati has had issues with all along. I think Stoner will be a definate threat next season on the Honda. And I think your right. Pedrosa will more than likely be out. the good news is........ I can start feeling better about a Honda winning next year!!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:24 AM

LOL!!! I think if there are NO injuries 2011 will be more exciting than this year. I hope they are able to get a few more riders on track & cut down maybe 10 riders in Moto2 races. The starts are exciting because there is usually a crash in the 1st turn, but 40 bikes too many!!! I feel Honda will take the 2011 Championship, alot of pressure will be out there to WIN!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 PM

There was actually something said about info not being shared between Rossi and Lorenzo's teams. They are team mate..... but they still race against one another. Rossi has developed the bike to what it is. But his team mate must make it work for him as well. Kinda the same goes for Hayden developed the last Honda but who benefited from it ??? Pedrosa because of his small frame. Rossi gets along with everyone. But hes a monster on the track teammate or not.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BadS1
There was actually something said about info not being shared between Rossi and Lorenzo's teams. They are team mate..... but they still race against one another. Rossi has developed the bike to what it is. But his team mate must make it work for him as well. Kinda the same goes for Hayden developed the last Honda but who benefited from it ??? Pedrosa because of his small frame. Rossi gets along with everyone. But hes a monster on the track teammate or not.
you're right, they do race against each other. but its just like in a race situation, 2 or 3 riders will calm down so they can gap the rest of the field, then scrap it out the last few laps once they've created a considerable lead... the same thing goes for the teams. they help each other out until qualifying, and then that's it 'til next week (unless it's a bitter rivalry like rossi/lorenzo). hayden and rossi will be there developing the bigger bike together (remember, hayden has a 2 year deal now). that means a lot of practice, and a lot of laps, so next year won't be his defining moment.

and remember, with the bigger bikes, i can't see the lil guys going as fast comparably as they are now. plus, with fewer electronics, it will only help someone like hayden. it's not that hayden can't handle change, because look at what happened at aragon (new track).

he's 50 lbs heavier than pedrosa, 40 lbs heavier than stoner, and 15 lbs heavier than rossi. that's a damper on bikes that are soo much lighter and don't have as much torque. remember back in the 990 days, kids like pedrosa and stoner couldn't get on the gas early enough coming out of corners because they had such a small effect on the bike that they could not get the bike to stand up as fast as riders like hayden, rossi, etc. (even barros, remember that fat man (185 lbs)??)

in short, i think that hayden, rossi, and spies will benefit the most from the rule change. stoner, dovi, pedrosa, and bautista (and i'll even speculate that cal crutchlow (if he's still in GP in the '12 season)) will suffer from it the most.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:42 AM

One thing I can say. Hayden I really believe next year will determine a bit of his future. Rossi is the best...... the best at riding around a bad situation. Meaning he make a bad bike look alot better then the others. Hayden can't do that as well. If Hayden struggles nest year and Rossi has a good year with room for improvement Haydens days will be numbered on a factory team.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

while rossi is the GOAT (and no one can argue that).... and he will be the #1 rider at ducati

let's remember that hayden is the only rider besides stoner to have any sort of results on the ducati. look at what happened to capirossi and melandri. he's honestly the best rider (minus casey) that ducati has had in a LONG time since bayliss

but hayden and rossi will work good together too. look at the '03 vs '04 season. hayden finished 5th overall in '03 when he was workin' with vale. in '04, he finished 8th overall working with barros.

and he's built a relationship with ducati. what part of the world do you think buys ducatis? especially with ducati pulling out of WSB, having an american rider definitely helps them marketing wise. he has to produce results... but thats part of being a factory rider. he's no stranger to it.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 AM

I agree, Ducati benifits from Hayden as a marketing tool in the USA. Now they get the big Kahuna with Rossi. I think Duc may support the satelite teams with some bikes... I wonder how much not having a team affects sells. Does anyone know when if at al is Honda planning to return to AMA? Its all about money... Even though I am a die hard Honda fan, I do enjoy seeing all the manufactors on the track.

Quick Reply: Racing 2010