Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Racing 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see Grand Prix bikes at Silverstone. I read something saying it's been since 1986, back when Spencer and Kenny Roberts were on track. Although apparently the surface is bumpier than a motocross course ...

In the meantime, in case you guys never visit Speed's MotoGP page, this image could be one of the greatest of all time:

And this one just looks cool:

Old 06-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

yup yup, hayden qualifies 5th, spies 7th, and edwards 10th! i gotta think lorenzo is going to walk away with it. lets see if pedrosa is 100% after his off (that pic of it on motogp.com makes it look like it hurt!). i guess spies and edwards are pretty p*ssed with the power on their bikes. they say they're the 2 slowest bikes on the grid. wow...

i wonder if there are going to be a lot of DNFs because of how bumpy and new the track is for these guys.

Last edited by Conrice; 06-19-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I caught the Silverstone race. Let me know if you guys saw it. What a finish!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:39 PM

It's rare when I want both guys fighting for the last spot on the podium to make it. Hayden and Spies both deserve the "win" of third place. Hayden probably more. But I'm so amped to see Americans at all in front that it's great. If there's a MotoGP god, then next year would feature Hayden on a competitive Ducati and Spies right there on a Fiat Yamaha. Lawson/Spencer ... Rainey/Schwantz ... Hayden/Spies!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiritRR
It's rare when I want both guys fighting for the last spot on the podium to make it. Hayden and Spies both deserve the "win" of third place. Hayden probably more. But I'm so amped to see Americans at all in front that it's great. If there's a MotoGP god, then next year would feature Hayden on a competitive Ducati and Spies right there on a Fiat Yamaha. Lawson/Spencer ... Rainey/Schwantz ... Hayden/Spies!
hell yes!

but, i hate my dvr.... it didn't record the the 8:00am race like it should have... and then a storm happened around 5:00pm and knocked out the satelite... i ended up catching the last 7 laps of it on the replay

the whole reason hayden lost out was that he hit a bump. what happened to stoner? all i know is that he was came from last and had a bad start. did he false start? or did he almost stall? lorenzo was in a world of his own though. anyone hear anything about who the replacement for rossi will be? i heard cal crutchlow was officially asked by yamaha to sub for edwards while he subbed from rossi. do you think thats who they're going with then?

Old 06-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the ride goes to Spies, then that's the signal of the end of Edward's career in MotoGP. He has zero wins. I think he's the only winless GP veteran.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 PM

I can't find any reason why Boner dropped back at the start, all the way to dead last. I think he literally just pulled a boner move and got swallowed up by the field. Haha, swallowed.

Evidently Fiat Yamaha is waiting until after the Dutch TT to announce Rossi's replacement. The race is this weekend ... don't miss it.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 AM

Conrice, I do agree with you for the most part. Both guys are riding the second string bikes. But I think too, there isn't a push (maybe insentive) for US riders to move to WSBK/WSS. I would think there would be at least 2 or 3 riders per class, with one of them in the top 10... Hopefully R. Hayden will get better opportunities & Hayes, Zemke & a few others will make that move.

I think Spies will replace Rossi. Age & money??? Specially if he ends the year in the top 5...

Last edited by CYCDUP; 06-22-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:32 PM

Neither Spies nor Edwards ...

Fiat Yamaha test rider Wataru Yoshikawa will replace Rossi. The man is 41 years old!

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...alentino-rossi

Old 06-23-2010, 08:56 PM

I meant next year, not sub'n for Rossi for a few weeks...

Quick Reply: Racing 2010