Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Racing 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaybird, I was putting it out there the thought will Rae (Honda) Win? I'm hoping he will. Last week he DNF both races.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:36 PM

Rae did well, hope he will continue to catch up to Haslam on the championship points. Do ya'll think Pedrosa will take top honors this weekend in France?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:54 AM

^^^^^errrrr........

Old 05-25-2010, 09:46 AM

Any comments on the past 2 weeks of racing? Not trying to be a Spoiler...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep me apprised. I haven't been able to watch the last couple of weeks.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 PM

There's great racing in the new Moto2 series ... 41 riders at all the same tracks as MGP. France was a crash fest, but an American took pole! Kenny Noyes. Unfortunately he went off along with a dozen other guys throughout the race. Noyes races for a team owned by Zorro Antonio Banderas. Check out the series if you're not recording it already.

Pedrosa choked like a gay redneck in the closing laps, when Hayden passed him for his third consecutive fourth-place finish! Spies hurt his ankle and only qualified 12th (that, and never having been to Le Mans), then crashed out during the race.

Oh! And Boner crashed his Ducati ... again! Hahahahahaha!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiritRR
There's great racing in the new Moto2 series ... 41 riders at all the same tracks as MGP. France was a crash fest, but an American took pole! Kenny Noyes. Unfortunately he went off along with a dozen other guys throughout the race. Noyes races for a team owned by Zorro Antonio Banderas. Check out the series if you're not recording it already.

Pedrosa choked like a gay redneck in the closing laps, when Hayden passed him for his third consecutive fourth-place finish! Spies hurt his ankle and only qualified 12th (that, and never having been to Le Mans), then crashed out during the race.

Oh! And Boner crashed his Ducati ... again! Hahahahahaha!
i had no idea antonio banderas owned Noyes' team. thats great - cant believe he took pole at le mans. it's only his 3rd grand prix!

and about stoner...the comentators kept on saying how it was the way the track falls away from you in that corner, but i think he was pushing too hard on those tires. it was the first or second lap, they weren't up to temp yet and he just lost the rear. its not like he tucked the front or anything.

pedrosa is the king of choking during the race. he's done it ever since he's been in the GP class. i still don't know what repsol was thinking by making him their "first" rider over hayden a few years ago when hayden was still with the team (and they wonder why hayden never could come to grips on the smaller honda). hayden was the defending champ. and they hung him out to dry.

baustista had an awful high-side during a practice session and didn't decide to qualify or race (understandably)

what are your guys' thoughts on the speed "enhanced" coverage of the motogp races. i find it overall annoying. the motogp commentators are way better and now we don't have the interviews from the podium after the race. i cant stand hearing "the number 46, fiat, factory yamaha, motogp trim m1 of valentino rossi, etc blah blah" or whoever for that matter when they are trying to tell you who just overtook who when riders are exchanging positions 2 times in just one corner. "rossi", "lorenzo", "de Puniet", etc. would do fine in trying to describe and commentate the race. it reminds me of nascar, where you try to mention every sponsor that you can every time you say something about one car

Last edited by Conrice; 05-28-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:48 PM

I love the "enhanced" interviews, if that's what you're talking about. Like at Qatar, there was Hayden, Spies, and Edwards all together kinda talking. Greg Creamer or Greg White or Greg Coffee ... whatever his name is ... is getting better with his voice, but the two world-feed commentators are more fun and knowledgeable.

I do miss the podium interviews though.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 AM

i also like the new interviews. Its extremely hard to find any decent interveiws with any motorcycle racer, so I think it was long over due. However, as said, they need to have the end of race interviews.

In my opinion, they should have less talk about the track, less time spent on the grid, and more interviews with riders and end of race interviews. Heck, the race doesnt even start for like 10 minutes and their just talking about senseless babble. Save 5 minutes of air time for after the race interviews, and spend a few minutes before the race with racers. I really don't need to watch the entire warm up lap....

Honestly, I wish they would show coverage of the qualifying. They did that before when motogp raced in laguna... it was awesome watching for last few minutes with the mad dash of riders trying to qualify high..

Oh yeah... congrats to Hayden, Im glad to see he is handling the bike better. even better to see him a bit more aggressive than he has been in the past. I don't see him winning anytime soon, but I see a podium for him in the very near future.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i like the interviews... the one at qatar was awesome. i guess what i find annoying is when they come back from a commercial, they re-cap whats happening and then you are kind of lost when the motogp commentators come back on. Also, they seem to exagerate everything (i.e. when hayden was still 2+ seconds behind pedrosa at le mans, that greg guy said something to the extent of "hayden is currently right on the rear of pedrosa and pushing for the podium!")

i just wish speed would let the motogp commentators do everything after the interviews on. like you said, the motogp guys are more knowledgeable and more fun.

and i agree with squid, they mis allocate so much time. the supersport race at miller that i just watched, i wished they could have at least interviewed sofogulu afterwards. i mean, they talked about him pretty much the entire race, they hardly ever mentioned laverty or lascorz. however, the last 5+min. of coverage was race highlights. i just watched the damn thing! i also wish scott russell would have touched on how parkalgar *sp (laverty) has changed everything when it comes to privateer racing.

i think hayden could win at either of the two american races, more likely indy. he had a podium there last year (and remember how bad last year was for him...).

i feel bad for stoner though... you cant win a championship in the first part of the year, but you can sure lose them. they keep on talking about how fragile the ducati is. stoner seems to be really upset that if he lowsides, it means he's a DNF, something related to the levers

Quick Reply: Racing 2010