Road Racing Tell your stories here.

My Best experience

Old 08-25-2006, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Best experience

Ok well I figured I'd post my best race related experience here.
I tend to get alot of ricers wanting to race thier car vs. my bike at the light and I usually gladly oblige to teach them about the concept of power to weight ratio LOL
But this is not one of those stories,
This is about one of the rare occasions I have raced on the freeway.
I was out riding one day just kind of cruising on the freeway doing about 65 MPH enjoying the ride when in the lane next to me a 750 GSX pulled up and started doing the "Lets race" lurch. He was going gas on gas off <repeat> and looking at me. I looked figured the guy would whip me beinng he had a bigger bike but the guy was being such an @ss I figured sure what the hell. I looked over at him and nodded. Indicating "go" No sooner had I noddede at the guy he throttled it and started to pull away. I pinned my throttle and proceeded to chew through the gears. To my suprise I was steadily catching up to him at a quick pace. I figured I was going to have to basically give it my all to have a snowballs chance in hell. So I just kept pinning the throttle and shifting. To my suprise I over took him and started seeing him falling behind me. I kept gassing it and watching the road in front of me checking my mirrors to see my progress. I was doing about 135 or so and checked my mirror and when I looked back ahead of me, there he was, a cop on the side of the road. I figured screw it just keep flying, too late to slow down now. The funny thing was by the time the cop pulled out the guy behind me passed the cop and I saw in my mirror he was getting pulled over. LMAO! Not only did he lose but, he gets the hassle. Just goes to show 2nd place IS the fastest loser. After that experience I really looked back on how lucky I was and have since kept it sane on the freeways. I learned that day though, it's not always the guy with the biggest bike that wins, sometimes the guy with the biggest ***** wins regardless of the bike.
}

Old 11-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Default RE: My Best experience

This is an old post, but damn! That's pretty funny. I bet his face was red like his *** when the cop got done with him!

Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 AM

Thats a Awesome story!! I love hearing about smaller cc bikes with better riders beating Squids!! Your one lucky guy that ticket would of been thru the rooF.[:-]

Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 AM

good for you and great that you didn't get the b.s. from the cheese...had a similar situation with a guy on a busa that had apparently just bought his(missed alot of shifts)...his bike had way more ***** than he did...my 900rr is tuned and cammed by a local ex-AMA crew chief so it's not slow by any means but shouldn't have beaten a 1300. just goes to show you how many squids are out their...