Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Moto GP 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
Well, I really enjoyed the Qatar race. Awesome to see Rossi back in the action. After all the hype it was cool to get a last lap battle with Marquez and Rossi in the first race already.

It reminded me of watching Rossi of old....Crutchlow, Pedrosa and Marquez following each other around lap after lap and then Rossi catches them and slices right through all three of them in a couple of laps.

Amazing that Marquez can race at that level in his first race, not crash or even ruin his tires and drop off the pace at the end of the race.
Marques will be a huge threat and soon. Coming from Moto 2 the tire management is damn close so I kinda figured he wasn't gonna be having tire issues. I just thought he'd maybe have more issues getting used to power... where when and how to use it. But hes not... the kid has a grip.

Rossi got anxious and made two mistakes that cost him very valuable time. I can understand he didn't want his teammate to get away. Rossi was always a good hunter. If not for the mistakes early in the race he may have just been battling his teammate.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BadS1
Rossi got anxious and made two mistakes that cost him very valuable time. I can understand he didn't want his teammate to get away. Rossi was always a good hunter. If not for the mistakes early in the race he may have just been battling his teammate.
Yeah, you have to wonder how close the Rossi/Lorenzo battle would have been if it weren't for Rossi taking a detour.

I think Crutchlow was way faster than those Repsols too. If he'd managed to get past I think he would have gapped them enough to keep a podium spot by the end of the race.

Crutchlow tweeted this awesome picture. Wheelie...flame from the exhaust...Pedrosa looking the wrong way....great stuff!

Attached Thumbnails Moto GP 2013-bhwhj4lccaix9wc.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
Yeah, you have to wonder how close the Rossi/Lorenzo battle would have been if it weren't for Rossi taking a detour.

I think Crutchlow was way faster than those Repsols too. If he'd managed to get past I think he would have gapped them enough to keep a podium spot by the end of the race.

Crutchlow tweeted this awesome picture. Wheelie...flame from the exhaust...Pedrosa looking the wrong way....great stuff!
i agree with you, cal was held up on the whole track it seemed except for the straight where he didn't have anything for 'em. not much he could do. faster bike with a lighter rider. that picture is awesome though!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 PM

Cal did seem held up by the Repsol team, I still can't beleive how fast Rossi made those positions up. I'm guessing that's why he's called The Doctor?

Old 04-09-2013, 02:41 PM

everybody I know is like
Name:  531968_10151528376551460_784496823_n_zpsa136b39d.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  49.5 KB

But something tell me its gonna be more like this

Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 PM

Reply without reason.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Nice race in Qatar. I'll be in Austin for round 2. Leaving tomorrow for the ride there.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Nice race in Qatar. I'll be in Austin for round 2. Leaving tomorrow for the ride there.

seriously, have a good time. im in SW fl, i wish i could take time off and make that ride to austin. have a fun and a safe trip.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 PM

wow, pretty good race. marquez dominated the entire weekend. good for him. and i don't feel the slightest bit bad for dani pedrosa, as most of you on these threads could guess. i loved his excuses after the race in the interview.

have to be honest - when i saw the headline "hayden to test new windscreen" - i sighed a bit. it reminds me of hopper and gary mccoy testing different fairings to try and keep up with the new 4 strokes... that's not the problem. it's not aerodynamics... that's not going to make a duc a good bike...

i can't believe how many times you could marquez's elbow dragging... that was really cool

Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 PM

I thought that race was a bit of a snoozer apart from a few moments. It was fun when Marquez took the lead and Pedrosa looked like he was actually going to fight for it but nothing really materialized.

Very impressed with Crutchlow again. It's also fun watching Espargaro taking the CRT fight to the prototype bikes, he's doing a great job.

I thought the same thing when I read about Hayden and the windscreen. I guess you have to work on everything but it seems like there are bigger issues to deal with.

Quick Reply: Moto GP 2013