CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Road Racing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/)
-   -   Moto GP 2012 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/moto-gp-2012-a-133367/)

BadS1 05-09-2012 11:12 AM

i mean, do you read what you're writing? "stoner has a hand on it - just like rossi, hayden, pedrosa" well ya, pedrosa does (he's still riding the damn thing!), but once again NO rossi doesn't and NO hayden doesn't.

Yes I do read it I typed it. Hayden clearly wasn't doing well when Pedr came to Repsol. Hayden is one of the largest riders in the Paddock....franly he now. Honda had high hopes for Pedrosa and designed a bike that was made to fit a small rider. Hayden very much complained that he couldn't get in a comfort zone on the bike. They tried raising him the seat,lowering the rear sets even top triple was pushed out,to being no help to him. As far as you saying Rossi doesn't have a hand in it??? Every rider that ever through a leg over the Repsol did. Thats how a company learns what works. Rossi left and left to go to Yamaha that had zero win rate. He made that happen first year on it. Ducati?? Very smal company that over budgeted itself it seems.Hoefully Audi can help change that.

BadS1 05-09-2012 11:16 AM

and if hayden isn't doing anything as far as development, how come rossi openly admitted to going to Hayden's set up (from development) for estoril - and then admitted that it was working better than his (rossi's) development's had.

When he said going to Haydens setup??? Meaning stuff that has been tested and worked better. Rossi basically gets the new parts. They really don't get to test between rounds. Rossi is at the mercy of testing while trying to race the damn thing. That kinda sucks

BadS1 05-09-2012 11:19 AM

if you want rossi on equal equipement, write him a letter and tell him to race moto2...

Hey great idea but frankly I may not need to waste the ink or paper. If Dorna gets there way and prototypes go to the way side. CRT'S will be the norm. Meaning Honda already said they would pull if they couldn't race prototypes and Stoner said the same.

BadS1 05-09-2012 11:25 AM

good god man, when rossi does good - it's rossi - not anything else - when he does poorly (in development or a race) it's the sh*t equipement, not him. you do realize that ducati does have a bigger budget than tech3 and gresini right? they're satellite. so why are you arguing the money/financial part again. because there's no arguement there

Yep your right and Gresini and tech 3 are leased bikes that do not get any updated or new develped parts during this season. Ducati is building aew bike from frame up but not a month and a half before race season start. You do realize that Ducati pulled from all forms of motorcycle racing to keep doing what they are. Umm they are already over budget.

BadS1 05-09-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by CYCDUP (Post 1158003)
I think Rossi is the GOAT. But, like other greats, they do decline as they get older (Ali, Jorden, Schumacher, & Nicholas). Rossi could possibly do better with the CRT bikes, we'll have to see. Stoner if you look @ his career has been impressive. For the moment Honda & Yamaha have the better bikes in MotoGP. I guess for Honda, thats why they pulled out of AMA to focus on the Top Class. WSBK, the bike isn't doing well even though they got 1 win.

Actually Honda pulled from AMA because again they weren't going to be aloud to use one off parts anylonger. It became more of a spec racing class and they felt they were done here and still feel the same to what Greg White said when I asked if there was ever any talk of the return.

BadS1 05-09-2012 11:39 AM

BTW Conrice do me a favor. We may all have different views and thats great. But I'm not being Combative like you are. Sometimes reading these forums people are not hearing there reading. There is no voice with this. So when I type to you I'm actually talking to you and not trying to be (and accuse my language) a prick.

Conrice 05-09-2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by BadS1 (Post 1158058)
Thats called development. And the frame they got from a outside vendor was a attempt to improve on the end of the season last year. They zero to lose by doing so. The reason they didn't go back is because the bike was bad then...point blank. All other teams are twin spar.

but they tested a twin spar frame last year, they should have known that it probably wouldn't have worked as well as a trellis especially if they DO keep all the data that's collected from years prior. and the frame thing is a mute point now. rossi has came out and said that its because of the engine. the orientation of the motor is the reason they can't get suspension set up for the front end for any sort of "feel"

Originally Posted by BadS1 (Post 1158059)

Do you have any idea how much revenue he brings to Moto Gp???lol

well, he brings a lot. true. but i feel like thats kind of money that's on the way out. its like when micheal jordan came back from retirement and played. money came back into the nba, but it wasn't younger fans' money, it was older. the kids were already idolizing kobe.

i feel like it's kind of the same here.

Originally Posted by BadS1 (Post 1158061)

Yes I do read it I typed it. Hayden clearly wasn't doing well when Pedr came to Repsol. Hayden is one of the largest riders in the Paddock....franly he now. Honda had high hopes for Pedrosa and designed a bike that was made to fit a small rider. Hayden very much complained that he couldn't get in a comfort zone on the bike. They tried raising him the seat,lowering the rear sets even top triple was pushed out,to being no help to him. As far as you saying Rossi doesn't have a hand in it??? Every rider that ever through a leg over the Repsol did. Thats how a company learns what works. Rossi left and left to go to Yamaha that had zero win rate. He made that happen first year on it. Ducati?? Very smal company that over budgeted itself it seems.Hoefully Audi can help change that.

how can you say hayden wasn't doing well? look where he finished for those couple of seasons when pedrosa came aboard repsol. he finished 3rd, and then he finished #1. when they went to 800s, ya that season was god awful for him, but it wasn't that great for pedrosa either. and that's kind of my point. they retained very little of the processes that rossi and burgess used to actually develop a bike. not to mention, there have been 3 rule change shifts, and by now, i still don't think there is any rossi left in that repsol. i can see where you may draw that conclusion to yamaha, but surely not repsol.

Originally Posted by BadS1 (Post 1158062)
When he said going to Haydens setup??? Meaning stuff that has been tested and worked better. Rossi basically gets the new parts. They really don't get to test between rounds. Rossi is at the mercy of testing while trying to race the damn thing. That kinda sucks

at estoril, he said that he switched to set-ups that were seeming to work for hayden. he admitted that he had to ride a bit different (more like hayden) and that the bike was then able to be set up in a way that he could ride it a bit better. so clearly, hayden was on track with that.

Originally Posted by BadS1 (Post 1158063)

Hey great idea but frankly I may not need to waste the ink or paper. If Dorna gets there way and prototypes go to the way side. CRT'S will be the norm. Meaning Honda already said they would pull if they couldn't race prototypes and Stoner said the same.

touche, and quite frankly, i really really hope that it doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by BadS1 (Post 1158066)

Yep your right and Gresini and tech 3 are leased bikes that do not get any updated or new develped parts during this season. Ducati is building aew bike from frame up but not a month and a half before race season start. You do realize that Ducati pulled from all forms of motorcycle racing to keep doing what they are. Umm they are already over budget.

yes, but the design of the duc is done. they can swap and test parts - but for the majority, they're trying the test things that a satellite team can swap and set up for right now.

we'll see, next race, they get an all new bike - both of 'em (rossi and hayden)

Originally Posted by BadS1 (Post 1158075)
BTW Conrice do me a favor. We may all have different views and thats great. But I'm not being Combative like you are. Sometimes reading these forums people are not hearing there reading. There is no voice with this. So when I type to you I'm actually talking to you and not trying to be (and accuse my language) a prick.

sorry if it came off that way. i'll try harder not to e-thug it out. but it is hard when you are basically saying that rossi has done as much developement as casey stoner has for the repsol this year. can you please explain one thing on that bike that is a testement to when rossi was at respol? for example, it's not like rossi or burgess developed that earth shattering transmission that catapulted them ahead of everyone else last year.

BadS1 05-10-2012 09:38 PM

can you please explain one thing on that bike that is a testement to when rossi was at respol? for example, it's not like rossi or burgess developed that earth shattering transmission that catapulted them ahead of everyone else last year.

Let me tell you this much. I've known Erik Buell for 13 years. Would you believe me if I said the current EBR 1190 that is being raced today in AMA was designed over 15 years ago ??? Now do you see where I'm going with this with Honda's tranny??? They are designing for racing now.... what we may see in years to come. That tranny may be in the pipeline for the consumer in some type of configuration. Rossi may have had some time with it...... maybe not.

Conrice 05-10-2012 09:48 PM

i would totally believe that especially since he was bound by harley davidson. but i don't think any of the developing that danny eslick did on the very old buell that raced in daytona sportbike 4 years ago is on the new ebr.

riders and crews don't develop anything for the future like that. engineers at honda do. riders and crew cheifs that race don't get anything to test until it exists in the present. and once something new comes along, like a completely new transmission, out with the old, and nothing that the old crew did applies anymore.

BadS1 05-10-2012 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1158676)
i would totally believe that especially since he was bound by harley davidson. but i don't think any of the developing that danny eslick did on the very old buell that raced in daytona sportbike 4 years ago is on the new ebr.

riders and crews don't develop anything for the future like that. engineers at honda do. riders and crew cheifs that race don't get anything to test until it exists in the present. and once something new comes along, like a completely new transmission, out with the old, and nothing that the old crew did applies anymore.

Actually Danny did zero development on that bike. GP rider Jeremy Mcwiliams and Sean Higbee did it. And yes the engine as far as cases are one and the same. Internally nothing compares. The frame is close to identical. The 1125 that Danny races was actually designed in the late 80's believe that!!! But yeah 1125 was a step to seeing what you see now. And this why Honda would pull out. They want to race to develop... to sell one day.