CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Road Racing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/)
-   -   Moto GP 2012 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/moto-gp-2012-a-133367/)

ekelman 03-19-2012 06:47 AM

I would love to see Moto Gp as a prototype series. I don't like the idea of CRT bikes. That is what WSB is all about.

Let companies that want to participate do what they want without having to worry about mirroring production bikes. Then you would see development of ideas that work; but are not necessarily practical for production because of cost. The problem is that it would mean smaller starting grids.

Having said that, I'm really glad they went back to 1000cc. I think Stoner will be out to prove that he is currently still the best. Rossi will, of course, be trying as hard as he can to put himself on the top of the heap again. I wish him all the best simply because it will make for better racing. Looks to be a great season.

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that, in my perfect world, there would be no TC on motogp bikes. That might bring back the lurid slides and/or wheelies coming off of corners that made the two stroke 500cc bikes so entertaining. Just a thought.

CYCDUP 03-19-2012 10:28 AM

ekelman, There is always a Pro & a Con... I agree a prototype would be the optimum, but like now the grid is getting too small. I think @ least 20 bikes is a good number. Like Moto2 there are probabally too many bikes on the grid. But to be there live, all the bike spread out keeps you entertained. Hopefully the economy will improve & all the racing will be more the merrier!

Conrice 03-20-2012 10:31 AM

well it's just going to have to be the crt way for a few years... (all crt by '13) - anyways, i'm just amped for racing.... can't wait for it to start - not too much longer....

BadS1 04-05-2012 07:00 PM

Ok things are about to kick into high gear this weekend. First qualify is up and over. No surprise Stoner is there on top. Lorenzo and then look who we have in close 3rd ??? Thats rightfolks Nicky Hayden is ducking his head in. Now lets see what tomorrow brings and I hope Rossi gets up there.
Qatar MotoGP FP1 1. Casey STONERRepsol Honda1:56.4742. Jorge LORENZOYamaha Factory Racing1:56.648-0.174 3. Nicky HAYDENDucati Team1:56.924-0.450 4. Ben SPIESYamaha Factory Racing1:56.982-0.508 5. Dani PEDROSARepsol Honda1'57.130-0.656 6. Cal CRUTCHLOWMonster Tech3 Yamaha1:57.395-0.921 7. Alvaro BAUTISTASan Carlo Honda Gresini1:57.512-1.038 8. Andrea DOVIZIOSOMonster Tech3 Yamaha1:57.547-1.073 9. Hector BARBERAPramac Racing Team1:57.912-1.438 10. Valentino ROSSIDucati Team1:57.914-1.440 11. Karel ABRAHAMCardion AB Motoracing1:57.939-1.465 12. Stefan BRADLLCR Honda1:58.934-2.460 13. Randy DE PUNIETPower Electronics Aspar1:59.985-3.511 14. Colin EDWARDSNGM Forward Racing2:00.044-3.570 15. Michele PIRROSan Carlo Honda Gresini2:00.322-3.848 16. Aleix ESPARGAROPower Electronics Aspar2:00.720-4.246 17. Ivan SILVAAvintia Racing2:01.138-4.664 18. Mattia PASINISpeed Master Team2:01.261-4.787 19. Yonny HERNANDEZAvintia Racing2:01.276-4.802 20. Danilo PETRUCCICAME Ioda Racing Project2:01.3524.878 21. James ELLISONPaul Bird Motorsport2:03.421-6.947

Conrice 04-06-2012 12:06 PM

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/othe...a7baf3-371.gif

mx-4-2 04-08-2012 05:07 PM

Great racing today. Looks like the Honda Repsol team will be strong in both motogp and gp2. Should be a great season!

justasquid 04-09-2012 02:41 AM

Yeah, it was a good race. It sure looked like Stoner was going to run away with it, but looks like he couldn't keep his tires. Its definately a good race to see where everyone is at, but the conditions aren't what they will be seeing the rest of the year. I was most impressed with Hayden. (probably because he is still one of my favorite riders) Even though he fell a few spots, he certainly seemed more aggressive than he normally is. I'm not sure if its due to the new chassis and they have things finally worked out, or if he is just becoming a more aggressive rider. Either way, Im glad. Kind of shocked that Spies and Rossi did so poorly. I didn't see what happened with either of them. I'm not sure if they just had issues with tires or what the deal was. I really thought Spies would have been in the mix.

Oh yeah, I don't agree with the new class either. There are plenty of those classes all over. MotoGP is supposed to be the pinacle of racing to show what machines are supposed to be capable of. Could you imagine if we took Nascar and made it with modded consumer cars? I think its going to be more competitive, but less desireable to watch.

Conrice 04-09-2012 09:47 AM

hell ya that was a great race. i'm glad jlo won, even though i'm (obviously) a honda fan and a huge casey stoner fan - it was nice to see someone else win.

justasquid, i too was cheering on hayden, and i thought he looked really great out there. he qualified really well (especially compared to rossi), and then fought the whole race. he looked like he was managing his tires really well.

i think rossi struggled and didn't have a set-up. and although speed said spies was okay after getting his arm stuck on the bike during that crash, maybe that came back to hurt him in the race.

i was also surprised by how well tech3 did too - and mainly cal. i'm glad and looking forward to seeing him be up at the front.

did anyone see the braking indicators on his (cal's) helmet reflecting when he got to the end of the front straight? and how good did those rotors look all red hot? that's one of the things i like most about qatar. you can see so much more in the dark.

BadS1 04-09-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1148064)
hell ya that was a great race. i'm glad jlo won, even though i'm (obviously) a honda fan and a huge casey stoner fan - it was nice to see someone else win.

justasquid, i too was cheering on hayden, and i thought he looked really great out there. he qualified really well (especially compared to rossi), and then fought the whole race. he looked like he was managing his tires really well.

i think rossi struggled and didn't have a set-up. and although speed said spies was okay after getting his arm stuck on the bike during that crash, maybe that came back to hurt him in the race.

i was also surprised by how well tech3 did too - and mainly cal. i'm glad and looking forward to seeing him be up at the front.

did anyone see the braking indicators on his (cal's) helmet reflecting when he got to the end of the front straight? and how good did those rotors look all red hot? that's one of the things i like most about qatar. you can see so much more in the dark.

Spies had set up issues to what he has announced. Rossi is very much struggling with the bike. The rear tire was pushing and new tires were no good under braking. That got better after the tire wore. Hayden had some of the same problem. I'd like to see Ducati improve but if not....... I'd like to see Rossi leave and get on a bike that will suit him.

tucsondude 04-10-2012 02:35 AM

~lap 18 ~1:23(stoner?)
Lap 21 ~1:15
Lap 22 ~1:05 (final lap, lorenzo)
:icon_eek:

pretty sure I saw those numbers.

picked up 18 seconds/lap in the last few laps? was that just majorly saving the tires.