CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Road Racing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/)
-   -   Moto GP 2012 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/moto-gp-2012-a-133367/)

BadS1 06-26-2012 11:37 AM

This preety much answers your questions.
Aaron Yates Will Race As A Wild Card In MotoGP Race At Indianapolis Motor Speedway News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

Conrice 06-30-2012 03:53 PM

Rookie Rule Scrapped, One-Bike Rule Nixed - Motorcycle USA

with that rule gone, it's almost assured marquez is going to repsol next year, but i still think pedrosa is going bye bye. nakamoto said that they would NOT have two spanish riders.

and while cal crutchlow has been offered to ride the ducati, i can't see him leaving yamaha. i think it'd be the wrong move for him because yamaha has kind of built him up - and i think he could easily get a factory ride with yamaha. plus, the yamaha privateer is already much faster than the duc.

pretty good race. not too many shockers other than bautista taking out lorenzo on the start.

gotcbr 06-30-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1173460)
...with that rule gone, it's almost assured marquez is going to repsol next year...

Marquez def deserves it.

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1173460)
and while cal crutchlow has been offered to ride the ducati, i can't see him leaving yamaha. i think it'd be the wrong move for him because yamaha has kind of built him up - and i think he could easily get a factory ride with yamaha...

Big +1.

Conrice 07-01-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1173469)
Marquez def deserves it.

ya, and he needed to have a clean race where he won - and that happened for him yesterday

BadS1 07-02-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1173469)
Marquez def deserves it.

Big +1.

If Marquez does indeed go to Honda the Predosa will most likely lose his job at Repsol. Repsol has said as did Honda that they would not have two spanish riders on there team. Those Rules changed because of Honda's crying. Love Honda's but hate the way they the mentality that if you don't play the way I like then I'll pick up my marbles and go home. They are the only ones that do this in the paddock. Crutchlow may be crazy not to go to Ducati. They pay on a factory team is ..... well a wee bit better. It is not said where what Rossi is going to do. He could very well be back in Honda camp. Lots of just speculation right now. To soon to tell.... all contracts are up with all riders. Big changes..... I don't even think Spies may have a factory ride next year.

Conrice 07-02-2012 07:03 PM

well, i just feel - as prestigious it is to ride for team ducati - i feel it's the worst decision as a rider because it kind of stalls your career - even if the pay is better, a factory yamaha position in another year would be much better - especially for crutchlow.

i feel like rossi has been making those statements ("crutchlow's style could suit ducati") because rossi is in fact leaving. and i sure don't blame him.

the only reason honda cried is because they wanted marquez. so based on that, he's going there.

i bet rossi goes to repsol too and he wins out on his career (because he said he only realistically wanted 2 more years).

i bet hayden stays at ducati. and i'll say either barbera, bradl, or luthi is his teammate next year

BadS1 07-02-2012 09:24 PM

marquez has the championship right now by only 23 points. Andrea Lamone is right there. Its anyones championship as of now. If Bautista didn't take out Lorenzo I think the points would still be in his favor but look what happened and now they are tied. But to get back to who's going where??? Remember the Rookie rule was lifted. Andrea Lamone could easily move up as well. Its actually way to early to say where anyone is going. Stoner could actually decide to stay and upset the balance.... anything is possible at this point and time.

BadS1 07-02-2012 09:28 PM

Speaking of Lorenzo I have a feeling his championship went up in smoke. Moto GP has a three engine rule. The engine that Lorenzo used when Bautista hit him was a his 3rd engine and it was completely ruined in the mishap. So.... that engine is now history and cannot be used. That leaves him with the two engines that have already been used this season to go back to.

Conrice 07-03-2012 07:28 AM

ya, that was one of the reasons he was so pissed. engines gotta last 3 races if he wants to run each motor as hard as possible. we'll see.

Conrice 07-03-2012 04:05 PM

o, and i bet vinales goes to moto2 and gets marquez's ride