Old 05-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can this be true??

No way impossible.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Calkidd

Actually there is a video showing a turbo'd mustang kicking the ever living dog snot out of a mid 90's CBR. This is a very fast car and have been a mechanic/machinist at a performance shop this is very possible to do.
Being as this thread was givin life again i will drop in my two cents....

A mid 90's CBR huh? Bikes are fast bottom line, but a 600 of today has the power(maybe more) of a 954's and what not in the 90's.
Like 929 said with a GOOD rider it will take an EXTREMELY fast car to bear a bike. Even a 600 STOCK can run low ten's, a litre bike can hit 9's stock. And to add to it all if it was a roll on the bike should have Annilihated him because the only place a car has a chance against a bike is in the first 50ft off the line from a stop.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HighRevver

A mid 90's CBR huh? Bikes are fast bottom line, but a 600 of today has the power(maybe more) of a 954's and what not in the 90's.
Like 929 said with a GOOD rider it will take an EXTREMELY fast car to bear a bike. Even a 600 STOCK can run low ten's, a litre bike can hit 9's stock. And to add to it all if it was a roll on the bike should have Annilihated him because the only place a car has a chance against a bike is in the first 50ft off the line from a stop.

Show me a 600 with the same RWHP of a 954.. nope not gonna happen, if this car was in 2nd and low rpms and the bike hit it, i find it hard because with that big turbo it would have taken some time for the car to catch up and by then who knows, but if the guy didn't know how to ride and use the full potential of the bike/gears then possible

Old 06-10-2006, 09:19 PM

i live about 1 mile from great lake dragway and havent seen that bike in the area at all. but i am going to be looking for it. i run into alot of bikes at the shops around here, and the only "local cruising spot is HWY 100 and there are about 30-40 cops in about a 3 mile stretch because people are always trying to race, and there are stop lights every 500 yds..

i think the bike was being carefull and smart not to get pulled and he knew he could beat a talon so why try?

Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 AM

I LOVE MY BIKE

Old 06-24-2006, 12:01 PM

well i have 90 eclipse and last time i ran it, i laid down a 10.04 wich romps on alot of bikes down . i do have alot of money in it, but i do drive it on the street sometimes

Old 06-29-2006, 02:03 AM

BS!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8839/254D47466D8F491F80D70F7C79155C37.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-03-2006, 01:17 PM

my .02, the debate is whether this guy's story is true. I vote no. He may have 'beaten' the bike, but the bike wasn't racing. Even an f4 is gonna smoke 90% of the street legal cars out there, and definately is gonna take an eagle talon if it's from a stand still where he started in second. He also goes on to say his track time's suck because of all the slipping his clutch is doing. Slippin clutch + refusal to state track times = BS.

Now on the debate if a talon/eclipse (cause let's face it, for a while they were the same car) could take a bike then I vote yes. Talon's can run tens, even low tens, just not street legal talons.

Bottom line, why does everyone insist on racing us? I haven't had a worthy car yet pull up next to me and want to race. Until I get a nasty supra, or a worked over viper, why should I even waste my time? I know what my bike can run, and I can guess what their car can run, so whats the point? People these days, I mean come on. Besides, I don't ride my bike to run a 10.3 1/4 mile, I ride it because who else can take those turns that fast?

Old 07-03-2006, 07:59 PM

i agree. i am sooooooo sick of that!!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:43 AM

I agree, I dont think the bike was racing....
I've Never had a car beat me in a race, and I have raced many of them, bikes are just faster off the line, lighter, and can pull away and accelerate much faster.
Even cars I thought would give me a good run, got dusted...
I tried to race a Lamborgini Diablo on the interstate once, but the guy would not race me, Now that would have been a good race I think! I'm not sure if I would have beat him for sure, but I like to think so, lol. It was up around middletown, pretty rare to see those car's around here, although 5 years ago I do remeber seeing a "Vector" parked in downtown troy, dont know if any of you have ever heard of those, but they are extremely rare, not to mention ungodly expensive, very fast too.

Quick Reply: Can this be true??