Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Ama 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The slow, painful downfall of our nation's top series has indeed been frustrating, depressing, and quite frankly, it's made me more than a little angry!

But... I am VERY excited about the new series, bordering on crazily emphatic, and I think Rainey and Co. are going to take AMA Pro Racing back to its former glory... if you know racing, then you know why I think MotoAmerica is going to be a win/win/win!!

Bring on the 2015 season!!

Old 09-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
The slow, painful downfall of our nation's top series has indeed been frustrating, depressing, and quite frankly, it's made me more than a little angry!

But... I am VERY excited about the new series, bordering on crazily emphatic, and I think Rainey and Co. are going to take AMA Pro Racing back to its former glory... if you know racing, then you know why I think MotoAmerica is going to be a win/win/win!!

Bring on the 2015 season!!
We'll see what happens for '15, but I'm reserving judgment until the end of '16. I think it will take at least a year right the ship. But, like you, I welcome MotoAmerica.

We'll see though, I'm hopeful. Lets hope that road racing in America isn't dead from a spectator's point of view. I fear that it may be unfortunately.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
We'll see what happens for '15, but I'm reserving judgment until the end of '16. I think it will take at least a year right the ship. But, like you, I welcome MotoAmerica.
For sure, I don't live in "la-la land" (sometimes I wish I did - I hear everything tastes delicious!), and so I don't expect an instantaneous change! Hell, it might take more than a year to fix what's been broken, but these guys are the right guys for the job - they've got the money, they've got the experience, and they have real love and concern for the sport, like we do.

Originally Posted by Conrice
We'll see though, I'm hopeful. Lets hope that road racing in America isn't dead from a spectator's point of view. I fear that it may be unfortunately.
The thing is, "the show" is still there, people just need to be able to see it, first and foremost!!
Unfortunately, I'm with you on the spectator problem, as I also fear that it might be too late.
There are faithful AMA Pro Racing fans that don't care about the series anymore, and of course, there's the NASCAR domination issue: roadracing as a whole, let alone the AMA series, already has a lot to overcome in the U.S., with NASCAR being so dominant, ... it was the absolute worst time possible for DMG to hurt the existing fan base, not to mention cause damage that also keeps potential new fans from the series.
This is the FIRST thing that needs to be fixed: accessibility.
Like I said above, "the show" is still there, people just need to be able to see it, first and foremost! The ONLY way the series will survive, is to lure back all the disgruntled fans, and gain loads more.

There are certainly many issues with the series, that need to be corrected, in order for it to go the right direction in the future, but a lot of those things are only going to be considered and noticed by those directly involved (teams/riders), bike/racing nuts like you and me, and other dedicated enthusiasts... these things will hopefully "all come out in the wash", but what we MUST have now is interest and revenue generated by fans. Here's to hoping!

Last edited by JNSRacing; 09-17-2014 at 12:54 PM.