Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

traffic Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have gone through this as well. I was sitting at a stop light trying to turn left for like 5 minutes late at night until I just finally just decided to turn right and then find somewhere to turn around. Such a pain in the ***.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:21 PM

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/828731...raffic_lights/ try this. someone already posted it in another link though.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 AM

video doesn't work

Old 08-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
If I'm the first in line for a turn I try to stop as close to the intersection as I can so that any car that comes up behind me will also stop on the sensor. Sometimes they'll stop WAY behind me like they think I'm some gang member who is going to break their windshield if I think they're encroaching too close to my rear wheel. If the light doesn't change I'll look back and motion to get a little closer. You have to be careful with stopping too close to the intersection and also not go beyond the white line if there's a red light camera in the area or you'll risk triggering it and getting a ticket in the mail.

In my state we have a law where if the light doesn't change in a reasonable amount of time (I don't think there's a specific time period) we can proceed through the intersection if it clear and safe to do so. I'm not sure what would happen if there's a red light camera there.
Red light cameras are designed to only take pictures of cars that are approaching too fast to stop before the white line. so if a car slows down enough to stop but still just rolls right past the line ive noticed that they dont
get a flash indicating that their picture is taken. so as long as u stop before the line and then walk your bike past the line im sure u wont get a ticket on a red light camera. thats what im going to do when i get in that situation.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your local laws. Here in PA a traffic light that doesn't turn for a motorcycle is treated as a malfunctioning light and can be run as soon as its safe to do so

Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by ljastangs21
Yeah I have gone through this as well. I was sitting at a stop light trying to turn left for like 5 minutes late at night until I just finally just decided to turn right and then find somewhere to turn around. Such a pain in the ***.

old conroe rd and 1488 is like this every time i hit that light

Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Here in socal, you can run it if it's safe, and after you've been skipped once, I do it all the time, make sure there's no traffic when you do

Ride safe

Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by JOECBR600F4i
No one has experience with the magnets? I to have wondered about them. Seems logical.
Magnetic Drain Plug/Light Changer (link).

Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Incognito
Magnetic Drain Plug/Light Changer (link).
Incognito, that's exactly what I did except I used two smaller magnets and stuck them to my drain plug. HUGE difference. It's so nice to come up to a light and have it actually recognize me, and change accordingly.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:15 PM

I tried with a rare earth magnet capable of holding 100lbs(yea I know overkill, ) on my 'cane(zip tied to center stand), didn't seem to work, haven't try on the 08 yet

Quick Reply: traffic Light Problems