Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

street riding sketchy turns

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay so i have been riding more and getting more comfortable with my turns, i had a flat back tire, and my front fork seal is leaking i dont know how much fluid it has lost buthow big of a problem is that?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lj 900RReno
okay so i have been riding more and getting more comfortable with my turns, i had a flat back tire, and my front fork seal is leaking i dont know how much fluid it has lost buthow big of a problem is that?
for a sports bike both are bad,tyre pressures can make a world of differance to the handling and so can leaking oil seals,get the seal fixed and your oil levels checked out if your from a motocross background youll already know how important suspetion set is,im getting mine sorted out tomorrow hopefully.
good luck

Old 11-13-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lj 900RReno
Im new to the street bike world of riding. I have been riding dirt bikes since i was a kid, but the problem im having is when i lean into a turn i feel sketchy like im about to loose it under me but i swing wide on even the widest turns at times. How far is a good lean into a turn and how do you known when your going to loose it and is their a way to position myself on the bike better for turning? Any help would be great help thankyou
Well if everythings ok with the bike then I think it's a matter of practice. I wouldn't be riding in traffic if I always took to a wide turn. Thin line between wide and wrong side of the road. Go to an empty school or church parking lot and practice, practice. Your sketchy feeling may be just nerves moving from dirt to the pavement. Easy enough to get another rider to test your bike to see if it feels like there's an issue.

Be safe.

Last edited by ThatsMydawg; 11-22-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 PM

Don't forget to keep your head and eyes looking at where you want to go and not right in front of the front wheel or either of the paint lines in your lane. This can cause you to feel a little "sketchy" in a corner.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM

LJ, read a book called twist of the wrist 2. Guaranteed, your riding skill will double or triple by the time you finish the book. It helped me a lot

Old 01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Thanksbrother^^ but my problem now lies within the bike. After riding mine and learning how to ride kii rode his 600rr that runs properly, and realized how my bike should run just need the money then I'll be all over it.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
Thanksbrother^^ but my problem now lies within the bike. After riding mine and learning how to ride kii rode his 600rr that runs properly, and realized how my bike should run just need the money then I'll be all over it.
The bike definitely makes a difference, but even on my old F2 with a stock shock that has a billion miles on it, I can still get knees down and hit my foot pegs. However I surely am pushing its limits when I do this, so it is unsafe, and I only ride like this at the track.

A well set up bike will go a long way, but so will practice, even if you are practicing on a boat of a bike like mine. With that said I will be getting an 06 600rr tomorrow... can't wait to feel the difference. haha

Old 01-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Nice how did you decide to get the rr? I will stock with my fighter but the shock still leaks, brakes need replaced, just got new tires, so by spring I sjould be getting my.lean on.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
Nice how did you decide to get the rr? I will stock with my fighter but the shock still leaks, brakes need replaced, just got new tires, so by spring I sjould be getting my.lean on.
I found one wrecked for $1900. Everything but plastics are in perfect condition and I do bodywork + painting so I am getting a great deal.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Nice I wa.t to have my bike painted but I have other thins on my agenda
.so the rattle can will have to do for now

Quick Reply: street riding sketchy turns