Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

street riding sketchy turns

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street riding sketchy turns

Im new to the street bike world of riding. I have been riding dirt bikes since i was a kid, but the problem im having is when i lean into a turn i feel sketchy like im about to loose it under me but i swing wide on even the widest turns at times. How far is a good lean into a turn and how do you known when your going to loose it and is their a way to position myself on the bike better for turning? Any help would be great help thankyou

Old 10-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Woo... big question. So many different things without knowing where to start. Can we assume you know for certain there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike?

Old 10-03-2010, 11:36 AM

theres quite a few threads on this forum for cornering braking etc.. you can use the search field to look up turning or cornering or whatever this is one of em for body steering.. https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/corner-fast-dont-crash-important-update-pg4-body-steer-63523/

Old 10-03-2010, 11:50 AM

https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/cornering-112813/

also check out this thread post #10 has some good vid links for cornering even tho its more track related it transfers over to the street but read thru and search for others you like that can help im positive we all could post how to do everything properly but it would prob a book by the time we all got done so check these out first since they were already done lol!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:55 AM

Kuroshio started this one, might help you with decisions in braking or leaning

https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/brake-lean-113218/

Old 10-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Default problem with bike

Well i know the throttle is tempermental after the first 1/8 it boggs out and after about a third it grabs and gooooes i don't know what the problem is but that's the only thing that's still wrong since i bought it

Old 10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its cuz your new to riding. You have to learn proper turning teckniques and practice.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:15 PM

if you rode dirtbikes on motocross tracks then thats your problem most likely. On motocross tracks when you make a turn you lean AWAY from the center of the turn. On a streetbike you lean TOWARDS the center of the turn. I wasn't yelling with the caps I just wanted to make sure no one missed it.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by canhead64
if you rode dirtbikes on motocross tracks then thats your problem most likely. On motocross tracks when you make a turn you lean AWAY from the center of the turn. On a streetbike you lean TOWARDS the center of the turn. I wasn't yelling with the caps I just wanted to make sure no one missed it.

Good answer canhead -very good - totally agree with you - street ----the rider is closest to the ground, dirt ---- the bike is.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Thank you canhead realizing this after you said it i found a better way to lean so i can't try to lean out of the turn great advice thank you again starting to get the hang of it and.feels more sturdy

Quick Reply: street riding sketchy turns