Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

some questions after trackday

Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Default some questions after trackday

first off anyone thinking about doing a trackday do it, you wont regret it

the question i have was about dragging knee, a kid in my class was dragging knee, but i never did, i followed him twice an had no problem going faster then him an passing on the inside, after the apex, i felt safer then trying to go on the outside when i knew he was also going out.

now i dont really care about doing it, id rather have a good line an faster speed coming out, but i was dragging my scrapers, 02 f4i, and always thought my knee would hit first, any ideas? i was getting off the seat an getting my upper body off from over the tank an head low, although im sure i need more work

Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 AM

Dragging knee is not an indication of speed. I follow students all the time, at their pace, and see them dragging knee at almost every corner and I never touch mine down (I have to run a race pace before I start touching down). Point is, my body position is better than theirs is - they are usually crossed up and forcing the bike down - real close to a lowside.

Just keep doing what you are doing. As the speed increases, with correct body position, the knee will touch down.

Dragging knee when done correctly is a result, not a goal.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 AM

What organization did you do the trackday with? Was it at that track down by Cherry Hill? I probably won't have a chance to hit a trackday this year, but here's hoping things come together for next year.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:02 PM

randy

thanks they kept telling us the straighter up an down the bike is the better and it makes sense. Also do you have any preference for tires? i have bridegstone battlax bt 021 with only 1.5k miles and they were getting pretty chewed up by the last session even at my slower place, a lot of people were saying the rosso corsa from pirelli are good

raylee
it was with teampromotion at njmp in millville nj, i was at thunderbolt but theres also lightning there. First time on you have to take their art I school, but i plan on taking it again at Monticello when i go there to learn the lines