Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

Riding 2 up... GF nowhere to hang on.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pillion grab handle.

Exactrep

Old 01-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Danielle
I have been bracing my hands on the tank when I ride 2-up with my boyfriend but my hands and wrist get really sore. I usually sit up at the lights to give my wrists a break and just watch the light changes. I'm hoping to find a better way to hang on tho.

But my question is how do we stop our helmets from bumping?
Bracing hands on the tank is about the best way...especially under braking. You can hold onto the belt/waistband as well. Really, there isn't a best way...its just the best way that you can adapt for yourself.

Riding 2up, the helmet bump will happen, no matter how hard you try not to. Its all part of being 2up. About the only thing you can really do is look around one of his shoulders/sides.

You'll find those acceptable comfort/compromise level after awhile.

Of course, when you get your own bike, it will cure all of that! ;-D

Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM

Thanks guys that helps!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only thing I might add on the helmet bumps is this: he may not be as smooth as he could be.

Bumps will happen, yeah. But smooth transitions on / off throttle and brakes will cut down on a lot of them. Braking earlier and softer. Riding 2up he really shouldn't be hammering the throttle or the brakes. And some will be on you too. When you're fully in sync with his riding, you'll feel when the braking starts and react accordingly.

I personally don't ride 2up cause I have trust issues. But I've seen some people riding 2up smoother than I ever do solo. The rider smooth, never lurching thru acceleration / braking. The passenger moving with the rider like they shared a brain. Helmets never came close to touching.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I personally don't ride 2up cause I have trust issues. But I've seen some people riding 2up smoother than I ever do solo. The rider smooth, never lurching thru acceleration / braking. The passenger moving with the rider like they shared a brain. Helmets never came close to touching.
Kuro... do I have to keep telling you to stop creeping on my wife and I riding... sheez... just let us ride...

Old 01-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Kuro... do I have to keep telling you to stop creeping on my wife and I riding... sheez... just let us ride...
That was you??? No wonder I left y'all behind so easy

Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 AM

YEP! Kuro.. that was me.. being smooth. (call me....Keith Stone)

But about the topic at hand.... those pillion things look goofy and I laugh everytime I see one. The one that goes around the gas can lid looks nice and doesn't make me laugh.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
YEP! Kuro.. that was me.. being smooth. (call me....Keith Stone)

But about the topic at hand.... those pillion things look goofy and I laugh everytime I see one. The one that goes around the gas can lid looks nice and doesn't make me laugh.
I would like one, but the cost is a little high.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:28 PM

My gf keeps bothering me to take her for a ride. I've taken her around the block a few times, but I'm not comfortable enough around corners yet to go anywhere far. Plus, it'll be a whole different feeling with her on the back, even tho she's only 120lbs.

Need more seat time but the damn weather turned to crap as soon as I got a bike

Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 PM

Same problem with me and my gf... She is basically 90% on the front seat with me. Which is fine till you brake hard and you're sac is smashed into the tank... So be aware of that but seems to work for us

Quick Reply: Riding 2 up... GF nowhere to hang on.