Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

What is your "go-to" gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally I'm wearing an EXO-400, armored perf leather jacket, olympia gel gloves, sliders kevlar jeans (with or without A* armor), and 9" Carolina steel toe work boots. lol.
I have a few different combos, but lately I've been wearing the above about 90% of the time.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear a Lazer LZ6 helmet, cheap but 'sharp' 5* rated.

Hein Geriche two piece leathers, with perforation and zippered vents. The Hi-protec system is the bollocks! as far as comfort/protection goes!!

Sidi Vertebrae boots.

Gloves are kevlar, but not 'brand named'.

For hot weather, I'll wear a 'Frank Thomas air flow' mesh jacket, which helps a lot and has full impact protection, though I've yet to discover how effective the mesh will be against abrasion The Frank Thomas jacket is a lot looser than my leathers and doesn't 'HUG' me the way my leathers do, so feel a LOT less secure.

Bear in mind 'hot weather', for the UK, is almost winter for Florida/Southern Texas

It's your skin, sweat wipes off, road-rash don't......blah. blah. blah. But I can't praise highly enough the mesh jacket for keeping you cool/protected.

Last edited by hawkwind; 07-07-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a gear junkie, but I mix and match what I have based on what I wore the last time I rode to keep sweat/stinch low. I usually match my jackets to my helmets. I keep my leather riding pants for days of adventure as they are very slippery (that's what she said!) on the seat while riding.

I have 4 leather jackets (2 Teknic Chicane-perforated and 2 other Teknics non-perforated) and 1 new one on the way (Joe Rocket perforated).

I have 4 helmets. All HJC. 5th helmet on the way is also an HJC helmet.

Regular jeans of all kinds, but mainly regular jeans that have no fashion cuts or washes.

2 leather pants-one perforated and one non-perforated.

AGV Sebring sport 2 boots for long rides (and when wearing leather pants) and Joe Rocket Super Street boots for daily rides/commuting.

Icon Field Armor legs for when I ride to one of my jobs wearing thin dress-like pants.

5 pair of gloves with one new pair on the way. 2 shortcuff Joe Rocket leather/mesh. 2 gauntlet (Joe Rocket as well). 1 cheap pair from Walmart in the motorcycle section. 1 pair of leather Fieldsheer on the way.

I've been down before, so no matter how hot, all the gear, all the time (ATGATT). NO EXCEPTIONS!!!