Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

TCX Boots

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TCX Boots

hey guys..i just bought a pair of TCX S-Zero boots to go to the mountains with and i was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with these boots and wat kind of feedback you have on them. I have a pair of Alpinestar smx-1 boots for everyday commuting.

Attached Thumbnails TCX Boots-tcx.jpg   TCX Boots-0901_sbkp_01_z-alpinestars_riding_shoes-s-mx1_black.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you'd be better off wearing the TCX's all the time. Those Alpines don't look like they come up very high.

Ankle support is really what you need. Anyways, I have no experience with the TCXs but they look pretty good

Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 AM

I don't have those boots, but I have worn TCX for years.

The first set lasted about two years, and then I replaced them. I think one of the seams was busting out, although I wore them every day. They'd also been down in two low-speed wrecks. That said, I still have them upstairs for an emergency, though I suspect they'd pretty well disintegrate on impact at any real speed.

When I replaced them, I bought a pair of Synergy boots on clearance online. Those burst a seam in about four months near a fabric flex point at the curve on the top of the foot (not a critical area, but they weren't very old.) When I emailed TCX I got fantastic customer service - everyone was very friendly and only asked that I send in a picture of the damage (below). Because the boots I bought online were out of production, they replaced them with a significantly more expensive pair and even paid the shipping. I've been wearing those for the last few months.

I haven't had any other pairs of boots, but I hear people tell me all the time about how theirs are fine for riding, but they want them off ASAP. Mine are comfortable as hell, and I wear them everywhere, even if I'm not riding the bike. For that convenience, I'll overlook some of the minor quality quibbles.

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik...f_gmdrapfr0&zw

Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i

...Ankle support is really what you need.
TCX ftw. there are many other high ankle boots tho, so just buy which ever fits in your price range, and has good ankle support.
cheers
happy riding

Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 PM

yeah Nate thats the reason i got the taller boots for the leg and ankle protection..one of my buddies got in an accident where a car came in his lane and he had no time to react and hit head/left side on which cause both bones in leg (fibula & tibia) to snap in half..if he were wearing a boot like the TCX,Alpinestar/SiDi then i the outcome prbly woulda been different..and for the stars i love then for riding..not much ankle support but makes me feel better they r designed for motorcycle riding versus the tennis shoe which is very common around here..but thanks for the feedback fellas. i love these TCX's so far. Going to make a mountain trip with them and the new Q2's i just put on..

Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moved to Riding Gear