Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

New Boots...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Boots...

So I finally got a pair of actual riding boots after months in just regular shoes because I figured it was a good idea, but as expected I'd have to get used to them, so I took them out for a ride last night...

I'm having some difficulty with "feeling" the rear brake but think I'll get over it, and also with upshifting because the boot hardly wants to fit under the shift lever. Positioning feels way different because I have so much more shoe on but I know it's best that I actually wear boots...

Can I adjust the shift lever upward and how do I do it? Or should I just try to get used to it as is?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Default RE: New Boots...

I believe you can only do adjust that with third party rear sets. What kind of boots did you purchase?

Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM

I think they're joe rocket meteor (short ones) or something like that, they look nice and feel like they should work in but definitely different on the bike compared to skate shoes.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:13 PM

I had the same problem with the Sidi Canyon Gor-tex boot, I bought those thinking they would be a good all around boot for street riding, but the toebox was so big I could not feel my shift lever, and also had to jam my toe under the lever just to shift.... I took them back needless to say and got the Sidi Vertigo Corsa boot.....

I'm in love with this boot and being that the toebox is slim like a shoe, I have no problems shifting now... My only problem is that these boots are very expensive, and the soles are not replacible... So I heard that with normal wear I have about two years on these boots (soles) SO now I am stuck with bringing a pair of shoes to where-ever I ride, to change into once I get off my bike...... I actually love the feeling of riding in skate shoes, but I feel like my feet are pretty indiscructible in my expensive *** Sidi boots.... I think I'm going to either order the sidi Doha riding shoe, or the puma version for everyday use...... I would look into those if I were you.....

Old 05-06-2008, 01:11 PM

Loosen the shifter linkage to change the height of the shifter.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:41 PM

Well good news is that the boots broke in pretty nicely after a couple of weeks, actually a lot in even a few hours of walking around the house in them, walking the dog, etc.. I was going to adjust the shifter linkage and decided to try riding around one more time after a couple of days and it seems they've gotten a lot better.

Feeling for the rear brake came in time too as I got used to walking around in the boots, at leasta newb figured out how to adjust the shifter linkage though!