Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

suggestions on riding gear...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions on riding gear...

new to the forums, so i'll introduce myself i'm len 21i have an 06' 600RR.. i've had the bike a few months now and desided it would be a good idea to invest in some ridinggear... so i bought abetter helmet (iconmainframe), mesh gloves, and an alpinestarstunt 2 jacket...

i'm looking at getting riding boots, pants and a nicer pair of gloves.. any suggestions? appreciat the help in advance guys

Old 09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Default RE: suggestions on riding gear...

I ride with JR CBR gloves. Leather palm and plastic knuckle protection is a must no matter what you choose. If you're getting pants and do mainly street riding, I use Icon Barrier jeans for the cooler times. They work well, but I recommend getting their shin guards to go with the jeans because the jeans won't be perfect protection. The shin guards can save your knees and calves. Make sure your boots work with your bike. Some stret riding boots are cumbersome and guys nearly dump because they're distracted about where their feet are. As always, try and find a place that STOCKS the gear you are looking into so you can try it on.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:19 PM

the place i get my gears will order the item and not charge a restock fee if i don't like it..

i was thinking about the smx 4 boots from alpinestar... im thinking i wantleather track style pants something that i can use at the track or when i'm out turning the street into a stunt course.... i'm getting more comfortable on the bike and am thinking about trying the track a few times... i want somethingwith good protection incase i loose it at the track or while doing wheelies... but i don't want them to be things that i wear and can't wait to get out of

Old 09-16-2007, 10:44 PM

If you're looking to track, get a suit.... preferably two piece so that you can take the jacket off. Leather is the best and you can wear it all the time for hte best protection available. Tracking is an excellent idea because you will learn a lot about the bike's handling. Are you looking to ride all year or just in the summer? If you do all year, you may need something that is solid leather as opposed to perforated which will breathe better in the summer. I rock a JR Supermoto Jacket and it's awesome. They make pants to match so I could have an entire suit if I could afford it. One of my friends has crash tested it and it's sound.

Be careful on that bike if it is your first. They can get away from you fast. Stunting on public roads with traffic (cept maybe out in the country) is dangerous for you and those on the road. Plus, the popo don't like it very much. Something about you falling off and going under someone's car and/or hitting someone while doing a stunt just doesn't sit well with them. Take it off the road and you can get all the fun without all the consequences.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:59 PM

yea we take it to the boonies where u might see one car in an hour or 2...i think the jacket i have is part of a 2 piece suit, just looking for suggestions on what you guys like as far as brands... whos good whos to stay away from... it won't see alot of track time maybe once or twice a season... but people around here drive like asses 2 of my friends got hit in the last week... figured getting hte rest of my riding gear would be a good idea b4 it happens to me...

i live in ohio so riding all year isn't an option unfortunatly