Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Squid for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011 | 09:05 PM

eff that ima noob and i just bought my first bike. To prepare myself for riding i was looking at motorcycle fails on youtube, i scared myself straight with 1 video in particular there is a guy with a freakin bloody scuffed up face talking about how he was making a turn without gear and his bike fell and he got scuffed up bad do a search on youtube,a couple weeks ago i went out for practice (i still only have my permit) it was blazing hot i wasnt going fast a was sweating bad but i kept on my gear jacket gloves helmet etc. and i will continue to do so. i used to know many squids notice how i said used to.

Old 05-23-2011 | 05:28 PM

I started out riding full gear, then went up to NH for a weekend of riding and camping. The next morning I hopped on the bike with sunglasses, shorts, and a t-shirt just to see what all the fuss was about for a short clip down a deserted road. It rained. Rain freaking hurts at anything above 10mph, and these bikes don't exactly shield your body from the elements.
The following year, similar ride, I rented a HD and it came with a brain bucket, so I said ok I'll give it a whirl. I ripped that stupid thing off my head and put my full face on as soon as I could, it sucked!
Maybe I just don't get the allure of no gear, and I probably never will. I wear the gear all the time, sometimes it's sneakers and not boots, but that's pretty much it.

Old 05-23-2011 | 06:16 PM

i ride naked. my beliefs dont allow me to wear clothing at any time. funerals get kind of awkward.