Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Several gear questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several gear questions.

Well i need some new riding gear now as the jacket/gloves i have now are hand me downs from elders. Ive been looking at Alpinestars a fair amount, and i found that i like the TZ-1 a little bit, mostly because it can zip into pants. It felt a little tight but i suppose they are suppose to. I do have broader shoulders and a narrowish waist so will this be the best jacket for me? I also looked at the Stage jacket from them online, however i was not able to try it on due to the fact that cycle gear did not have any in stock. Does this jacket have the same dimensions/fit as the TZ-1 as it looks like a better jacket with more padding etc and i would like to have it more.

Now i need to find some riding pants, preferably textile because i need to wear them to school/work etc and would like to be able to wear some clothing under. The whole reason i am looking at Alpinestar because they are resonably priced, and the jackets i mentioned before are able to zip into pants. Will the ACR Air-flow textile pants zip into either of these jackets? It says it comes with a zipper to attatch to pants and i was wondering of it worked with either. So far these pants look the best to me.

Lastly, i need some new gloves, i tried on Sp-2's and they felt ok, but in general dont fit the best. I really liked the Held Ninja's tho, they felt the best out of any of the gloves. My question is do Held's hold up well? How is the quality of the product/stitching. A good company in general? I dont want to buy some gloves and have them fall apart after the first spill! Thanks in advance!

Old 02-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Several gear questions.

I have a joe rocket leather jacket with armor built in. and i like it. it has a removable liner for when its hot out. also the waist part of the jacket has some velcro adjustments so you can taper the waist. Make sure you check ebay out. i just bought new pair of joe rocket textile pants with armor for 45$ shipped.

make sure you get armor. i went down at about 5mph and landed on my elbow. hurt like hell, so i'm sure it would have been worse if i wasn't wearing a jacket with armor.