Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Need help!! I need to remove cat smell

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!! I need to remove cat smell

Sorry this might be off topic.My cat is getting old and peeing everywhere. grrrr!I need to remove cat pee odor from a carpet. Does anyone no a good product or household remedy to remove cat pee from carpet?thanks in advance.mike

Old 05-29-2009, 08:43 AM

I use a bissel carpet shampoo machine and the soap that they sell called pet odor remover. works good. they might make a spot treatment version of the same stuff. oddly enough you can get the stuff at best buy in the appliance dept. hope that helps!!

Old 05-31-2009, 02:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As sad as it sounds, depending on your carpet type (thickness and pad/no padding) if the cat urine soaked through to the padding if you have padding under your carpet, the smell may only be removed if you either let something soak into the pad or remove the carpet and the padding altogether. I had this exact same situation with a cat with the same scenario and we eventually just got rid of the carpet. We did use many products, but the smell just lingered.

If you don't have padding, then pinesol and a scrup brush should do or some specialty carpet cleaner.

Good luck.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Default Natures Miracle

Two words:

Nature's Miracle.

Natures Miracle is all you need Google will show you the way.

john

Old 05-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Default Vote for Nature's miracle

You have my vote for Nature's miracle.Quote from manufacturer:"Nature’s Miracle Stain and Odor Remover removes the oldest, most stubborn set-in stains and odors from carpets, floor and other surfaces that other products have failed to remove."I actually just purchase some two days ago from my favorite cat supplies store, purfect cat supply. You can check it out Nature's MiracleElizabeth

Old 06-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

lol interesting question.... lots of febreeze after you steamclean the carpet. If it soaked all the way into the padding you could be in trouble.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 AM

LOL you just joined a CBR forum, and THIS is the topic of your first post? Anyhoo. . .

+1000 to Nature's Miracle!!!!!!!!

I deal with stray cats a lot, and this stuff is the ONLY thing I've ever found to work. You have to follow the directions EXACTLY though: throw a couple of towels down on the spot, and put something heavy on top of them for about an hour. I like to use a flat board, and my 40lb tool box. That will squeeze the padding and soak up a lot of the pee. After that, shake up the Nature's Miracle, and put it into some kind of squeeze bottle with a nozzle (I happen to use an old Rain-X anti-fog bottle). Stick the nozzle into the carpet in a couple of areas around the center of the spot, and squeeze it out forcefully. The idea is to do just wahat the pee does - hits the carpet in a very small area, but spreads out into the padding. After that, sprinkle some onto the carpet itself, and scrub it around with a towel. Then do the towel \ toolbox thing again, then air dry. it will effing STINK for the next couple of days, but that means it's working. After that, the smell should slowly diminish until the padding is dry. I throw a fan on it to speed it up, and blow the stink out a patio door or something. Some takes a couple weeks to dry completely, so be aware. Yeah it's a long time and a pain in the ***, but nothing else works this good. If it still smells afterwards, then you either didn't soak it enough, or you didn't dry it enough.

WARNING: do a color fastness check. I had an area rug that this stuff totally bleached, but I've never had a problem on carpeting (check anyway).

Pet Supplies Plus carries it.

Last edited by johnnyx; 07-06-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I believe this is

Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 PM

What is he spamming? He's not advertising anything. He's not even post whoring.