Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Mesh Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mesh Jacket

Hey Brian, buck up!!!!! Halucinating from heatstroke, adds an element that just can't be simulated, since the 70's !!!!
I'm w/ ya bro...here in E. WA, when summer really hits, 105f, arggggghhhh!!!!!! I've been known to hop in my rocket mesh(top and bottom)... and still feel like a pizza in a convection oven !!!!!! does it "cool off" there at night? about 85f here, much better !!!!!!! (who am I kid'n!!!!!!!) Hey, try this one... Put ice cubes/ water, in baggies... poke just a couple of pinholes in'm... put'm in your pockets. PORTABLE SWAMP COOLER !!!!! I have litteraly shiverd, for miles of bliss!!! Yup, thats what we get for love'n the desert!!!!!! Stay cool, I soak my helmet too!!! Clean and free Ripp'n

Old 05-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

During the hottest parts of the summer, we sometimes have nights were the temperature never dips below 100 degrees. You can leave for work at 6:00 in the morning, and the temp can be close to 105. Usually, though, the nightime temps drop into the low 90's.

I'm thinking about picking up the Joe Rocket Sahara Vest to put under my jacket. My boss told me yesterday that he has got some office space set up for me, so I don't get to work from home anymore.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:03 PM

i own an alpinestars textile and it works great in hot weather, it does have armour but when it gets colders i use a leather jacket.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey AZ... my Gobi, is 1200mi. north... I need to shut up!!!!!!!! check it out...Dry falls E. Wa.!!!!!!!!!, on line.
Those saharra vest got to be a good choice... I'm the guy at the gas station, w/ the hose on his head!!!!!!!!!!!!! I soak my gloves too!!!!!!!! I wonder if a sniper gilly suit, would work soaked??? prob wiegh in a 100+ extra pounds!!!!!!!!!
Other than rectifier fry'n in the summer, I do appreciate my 1000f enclosed body work, I think it does help... the heat just boils of my vf 1000f v-4, and the gsx1100.I like to ride at night, except for bugs and kamakazi deer !!!!!!!
new enough leather has had those saharra's on sale... maybe too "hot" a item for a discount now.Maybe theres a couple on there e-bay store.
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 06-04-2006, 07:45 PM
wiz

been down once going 70 with a mesh jacket. jacket torn up but i didn't have one scratch. make sure you have better than average gloves.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:51 PM

First thing's first: WIZ - You really need to do something about that avatar, the video was bad enough! That's just wrong!

I've got two textile jackets (Alpinestars and PowerTrip) and I love 'em. Both have removable liners and armor. They are really comfortable in warm and cold (and wet) weather... the liners allow for good versatility.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 PM

In Florida, mesh is a must.... No, it's not going to give AS much protection as leather, but if it's a choice between wearing mesh, or no jacket at all (or worse yet, not riding!), then it's the lesser of evils.

Look for high quality consutruction, double stitched seams, and CE armour to make sure you're getting the most protection from your summer riding attire.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:55 PM

the Cortech HRX has both leather(arms) and textile with CE armor in the elbows, spine, shoulders. it also has padded external spine and tail bone protection. 2 removable liners, one wind and rain proof and one for winter. I love this thing. Very cool without any liner, pretty warm with the windproof in, and too damn hot with the winter in, but It's 90 right now. I think they make an all leather version too.