Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Is this gear good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this gear good?

Hey I hear you but what would you suggest to wear when it's 110 outside (Las Vegas during summer months, that seem to last forever) don't you think
it's better than Kalamari style (tee shirt & no gloves) If you are not comfortable while riding (like being too hot) you are likely to make a mistake that can result in something bad happening my $0.02
Maybe so, but, I'd still rather be a little warm than have road rash washed out. It's painful, and I only had it from a 30mph dirt bike. Just my opinion, I dont like pain, Im a *****. If sweating will keep me out of pain, well, that's what I do. But like I said, mesh is better by a mile than "Kalamari Style". (Funny by the way)

Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 AM

The mesh jacket will be fine.. I bought a leather alpinestar and its so damn hot I never wear it except in the winter so now I find myself in a tshirt all the time and wishing I had bought a mesh jacket. Yeah its not gonna protect as much as leather but I have seen peoploe crash at highway speed in mesh and it rips the jacket up and they have some rash but nothing major. I would rather have a little rash than sweat my *** off in leather everyday.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Scott982

The mesh jacket will be fine.. I bought a leather alpinestar and its so damn hot I never wear it except in the winter so now I find myself in a tshirt all the time and wishing I had bought a mesh jacket. Yeah its not gonna protect as much as leather but I have seen peoploe crash at highway speed in mesh and it rips the jacket up and they have some rash but nothing major. I would rather have a little rash than sweat my *** off in leather everyday.
Yeah mang besides some mesh (at least the expensive ones) nowadays contains the highly abrasion and tear-resistant "Dynatec" (suppose to be as tought as leather mang) besides the opposite sex doesn't like sweaty *** men ([sm=happybounce.gif] so no leather for me when the temps go nuclear (triple digits)

Old 07-29-2006, 01:35 AM

See my post on this thread about the Cortech HRX Jacket/Pants.

https://cbrforum.com/m_65379/tm.htm

They are mesh with leather in the important spots, and Hard Armor. Still not as good as leather, but mesh gear covering your *** is better than leather gear in the closet at home.

Get leather gloves. Full gauntlet. They are not that much hotter than "shorty" textiles if you get a good set. I can wear my Teknic Violators on the hottest days. Your hands may sweat a little, but sweat dries, roadrash dosent.

Check out the Scorpion Exo700 helmets. They seem to be pretty good quality. Try one everything you can get your hands on. You will eventually find a lid that you fall in love with.

I didn't see any mention of boots. Make them a priority. You can't walk with a crushed ankle. Sidi or A* are about all I would wear. My Sidi Vert Race are awsome, and no one seems to notice them if I wear jeans. I have a set of ICON Superduty 2 that I wear if I have to go dressy, but they really only protect the ankle from abraision, not impact like the Sidi's.