Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

eBay helmets

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i can attest to the scorpion exo-700.... VERY good helmet. and i swore my head grazed the pavement when in fact it was a pretty bad hit on my back right side of my head. i hit the pavement around 45-50 mph.

they look great, pretty light, the visor swap system is very easy too... they're not quietest helmet, but they're sure not the loudest either. and you can't beat the price.

i bought another scorpion after that. (the dog ruined that one though), and im now on my third one....

Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought a GMAX helmet 3 years ago and am very pleased with it. ive read it tests better than comparable HJC helmets in the price range. very happy with it and am probably buying another one for this season

Old 03-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Bro

No I like my idea of tannerite and seeing it fly

Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bro
Here's a link to the one I bought and if it isn't worth a crap I'm out $37
Blue Full Face Motorcycle Helmet Sport Bike Race Flag s M L XL | eBay

Hmmm price $19 and change. Enough said.
Despite what has been said here there are half decent Chinese helmets out there. I bought a Masei on e-Bay - paid about $50 incl shipping. I expected a pile of junk but while it isn't an Arai or a Shoei, it's not a bad helmet at all. The sizing is good, the lining is made in Germany (I think) by HELD and certainly worth the money. Vision is good, ventilation very good, noise is a little bit up on the Arai Quantum F which I normally wear, but the fit is very good. I've had mine at speeds which would have had me arrested and it was quite acceptable.
Maybe I was just lucky...............................

Attached Thumbnails eBay helmets-dscn8264.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Bro

Finally got the helmet in today for what I paid for it it's not bad it will do till I can get a better one latter on in the season thanks for all the input on this
Be safe and have fun out there

Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

After all that's been said, and I agree with you guys completely, have any of you come across a helmet that is suitable for a $6m head? Compared to value of my head this guy has got himself a very upmarket lid, unless I'm reading this wrong and his head is only worth $100.00.
Marketing men are so completely full of defecation.
You enjoy your Chinese lid Bro. It's better than nothing, I hope. Just remember what you're wearing and don't go hitting anything with it.
It's true. You get what you pay for to an extent, but then there's always that marketing man and his big, fat gob......

Old 06-03-2013, 01:40 AM

A lot of people don't realize too that helmets expire after so many years. Brands like Icon, KBC, Scorpion etc... can last anywhere from three to five years depending on the model. Shoei, Suomy, and Arai can last you up to eight years and Arai will brag that you can crash twice with their helmets. Even if you buy a "new" helmet on ebay that is 7 years old, it won't save your life. I know too many riders who have died from a cheap helmet on ebay. Also be careful about buying a helmet on the showroom floor of a store. A couple days ago while buying a helmet for a friend I saw a staff member of Cyclegear drop a helmet and put it back on the shelf like nothing happened. The helmet could be damaged internally killing someone.

There is almost nothing better than being out on two wheels. Losing that to a cheap helmet is not worth it.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 AM

A helmet is definitely not something you want to go cheap on.

It's the most important part of your gear.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Bro

The only reason I got a helmet was to keep bugs off my face I know all of you push gear but if its my time go its my time there's nothing I can do to stop it from being my end so a expensive helmet isn't going to keep that form happening

Old 08-10-2013, 08:46 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bro
The only reason I got a helmet was to keep bugs off my face I know all of you push gear but if its my time go its my time there's nothing I can do to stop it from being my end so a expensive helmet isn't going to keep that form happening
Name:  1232550426_worffacepalm.gif
Views: 28
Size:  830.2 KB

Man. I was in a wreck 2 weeks ago. Helmet saved my life. Left with some fairly minor injuries instead of being interred. Or a vegetable.

Quick Reply: eBay helmets