Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Does anyone ride with boots???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too will occasionally wear me Fox or Thor MX boots while riding the 954 and definitely while riding the KLR to and from the dirt. They are comfy and definitely give me a feel of protection. Now on other occasions I will use my A* SMX plus boots, Sidi Vertigos or Sidi Vertebras, just depends on the feel of the day. No matter where I may go when on any of me bikes, the aforementioned boots are on me feet. Matter of fact I am in the market for new MX boots and new A* SMX pluses. I will always spend good money on gear, trust me it is worth it.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:19 PM
October 2010 ROTM

I don't wear boots, though I would like to get a pair. I am on a "the more gear, the better" run at the moment. (Just got an ICON Hooligan 2 Jacket, ICON Riding Pants, ICON Gloves and a new ICON Helmet). Gonna get a new set of ICON Gloves to replace the current Olympia gloves over winter, and I think a set of ICON boots will set me off.

... Yes ... I've decided I like ICON BTW. Haha

Old 10-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MZ5
The only downside is that they're super-stiff, even after all this time and all my old dirt bike riding. I can still walk around in them, but stairs are a bit of a challenge.
The ankle pivot is the best feature of my Formas. More flexibility right out of the box than my well broken in Teknic boots.

Last edited by Red_Eye; 10-25-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bammerman
I use my Army Combat Boots and love them while riding
I did too until I borrowed a pair of motorcycle boots. My A*'s are much better than the combat boots.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:18 PM

trustee 6" lace-up Diehards....

Old 10-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
95% of the time I wear my Sidi Vertigos. They are quite comfy walking around in with maybe the exception of walking up/down stairs or up/down hills. And I mean big hills, other than that no issues. I give two shyts what squids or non riders think, I like my feet, they come in handy
+1

buy the most boot you can afford. one get-off at any speed and you can easily tweak an ankle. A sprained ankle doesn't sound like much till you have one, and have to go about your daily routine (work/school - life)

I used to ride in some $130 Set-Ups, Nice boot but zero ankle deflection protection.

Now, after two tweaked ankles and limping around for a month in pain i now only ride in a pair of Sidi Vortice Air's. ....and they are actually very comfortable to walk around in.

Plus, you look like a total bad-***

Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 PM

I wear over the ankle shoe=boot made by shift. Paid $99 on Ebay, and love them.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Registered Users

I'm getting a pair of Sidi Dohas. I too like my my feet.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of Shift Fuel riding shoes that I wear almost everyday... Even when I don't ride, LOL

I like the high top that covers my ankles in the event I go down.

I still have my eyes set on a pair of Puma riding boots, as soon as I can save up some dough. I have read GREAT things about how comfortable they are and every other pair of sneakers I own are Pumas... I have yet to find anything as comfortable as them.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 AM

I always wear my boots, and sometimes my full leathers on the street, depending on how hard I plan on riding. What is the point of having the gear and not using it? Plus, who the hell wants road rash, it looks like it hurts pretty bad haha. I have a pair of oxtar boots and they are GREAT especially for the price. I bet they would hold up very well Vs SIDI or Alpinestar

Last edited by Dissevered; 01-27-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone ride with boots???