Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Does anyone ride with boots???

Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone ride with boots???

Ivé been thinking of rocking some full Racing boots with my gear. You know, Jeans, padded M.C. jacket, but with racing boots. I really like the way they Look, but their hard to walk in...Has anyone ever did this-mixed in boots with your gear??? What was the reaction you got, from your buddies and others???

Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

95% of the time I wear my Sidi Vertigos. They are quite comfy walking around in with maybe the exception of walking up/down stairs or up/down hills. And I mean big hills, other than that no issues. I give two shyts what squids or non riders think, I like my feet, they come in handy

Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SEEYA7
Has anyone ever did this-mixed in boots with your gear???
I do not own any boots. I wear a pair of hiking style shoes when I'm riding. They were given a thumbs up from the instructors at a recent MSF course.

The primary reason I do not wear racing boots is when I'm riding I'm generally going someplace where I'll be off the bike for an extended period with non-cycling people. I do not want to look like some escapee from a Tron movie. I can easily remove my cycling jacket, gloves and helmet once I get there but I do not want to have to carry a spare pair of shoes.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

there's a decent selection of 'street-looking' boots specifically for motorcycling around. usually a little more $ than a pair of standard street shoes, but worth it.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 AM

I can't ride in anythign BUT boots. It's how I learned, so that's wat's most comfortable to me. In fact, I have this old, beat to **** pair of Vegas that have been in 3 wrecks and I won't get rid of them because I'm still unable to find anything that are this comfortable.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
95% of the time I wear my Sidi Vertigos. They are quite comfy walking around in with maybe the exception of walking up/down stairs or up/down hills. And I mean big hills, other than that no issues. I give two shyts what squids or non riders think, I like my feet, they come in handy
+1

And above that, you'll find that shifting is more consistent.

I'd put it at about 98% of the time on boots for me. Got mah waterproof A*'s and I rock those suckers everywhere. I feel a little silly walking around in the, but eh. Ain't worth the alternative.

Edit: Here's what I use.

Last edited by chuckbear; 04-30-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

I have these and are very comfortable. I also have a pair of these, I feel when I where these I am a terminator from the movie. Also the Icon feels like my feet are more protected. I have several of the Icon jeans that I ride in. Scorpion jacket, Scorpion Helmet and Icon gloves

Last edited by Indiana Hurricane; 04-30-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 PM

O.K. Thanx for your advice! Indiana Huricane has really nice looking boots...I seen some black & white icons that would look nice with what I wear, LoL. But they were kinda stiff. I think the alpines look more flexible. I'm gonna shop around, but I want some nice boots.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:14 PM

TBH, no boots are probably going to be too comfy right off the bat. Find some you like and that fit well and be patient because they'll break in.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I do not own any boots. I wear a pair of hiking style shoes when I'm riding. They were given a thumbs up from the instructors at a recent MSF course.
A "thumbs-up from msf instructors" , wow. Sounds like they need a smack if they're saying hiking boots are acceptable.

They're better than running shoes, but that's about it. Hiking boots are pitiful compared to real motorcycle boots. They'll have decent abrasion resistance, poor impact resistance, and won't do a damn thing to keep your feet from flapping any which way they like if you go down. So you'll just have avulsed tendons, instead of road rash AND avulsed tendons. Either way you won't be walking soon.

I wear these, all the time. ATTGATT or stay the hell home.

Name:  2009_Teknic_Violator_Waterproof_Boo.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  52.7 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone ride with boots???