Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Commuting on a bike to work -- need clothes

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:43 PM
MZ5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone I know who has that kind of dress code either changes after they get there, or wears an Aerostitch (or Motoport) 1-piece oversuit.

EDIT: I take that back, I think there's a guy I know of across town who wears a BMW suit.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Either way, I'm sure if you show up to work with any type of gear, you will be the coolest guy in your office and will surely get a lot of puss

Old 08-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't let riding my motorcycle to work stop me from wearing girly stuff... I would either just wear dress pants... or ride in jeans and throw a skirt and heels in a bookbag with my scissors and my lunch.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surely in this modern age you can throw a suit in the bike saddle bags & they will come out wrinkle free? Just kidding, I don't even own a suit, only every owned one & that was in the 70's, Black corduroy with Red pipping & 18 inch flares (I got married in it).
Wearing your suit under gear is your biggest problem. You can get away with the pant's, worn under a pair of bike pants & their going to be ok. I worked in an office, no suit, but business slacks (or Chinos) & they never creased as long as your careful with the cuffs & even wearing bikes boots.
As for the jacket, you could probably fold it & cart it in a decent size Givi style top box or rack bag (no worse than folding it up on the back seat of your tin top).
Other solution depends on your work space, as mentioned a locker or even leaving your jacket on hanger in your office (or suck up to someone that does have an office).

Old 08-03-2011, 07:30 AM

I have to wear khaki's and a polo or button up everyday. I just throw it on and come to work. No big deal. A suit would get you some strange looks. you would look like a 007 agent. lol

Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by pittsm
I have to wear khaki's and a polo or button up everyday. I just throw it on and come to work. No big deal. A suit would get you some strange looks. you would look like a 007 agent. lol
I had a presentation at school one day and my car was down so I had to ride in slacks, button up and sport jacket.... I might have to do it more often because Im sure I broke a few girls necks that day

Old 08-03-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by sumone
I had a presentation at school one day and my car was down so I had to ride in slacks, button up and sport jacket.... I might have to do it more often because Im sure I broke a few girls necks that day
which leads back to what i said before lol...

Originally Posted by greenc51
Either way, I'm sure if you show up to work with any type of gear, you will be the coolest guy in your office and will surely get a lot of puss

Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM

I don't have to wear a suit, but I do have to wear a button up shirt/slacks daily. I just wear everything under my gear w/ over pants and I leave my work shoes under my desk. When I get to work, I drop the gear, throw some gel in my hair and change my shoes. Done.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

back-pack full of work clothes is how i do it. i keep a grocery bag with a spare change of socks and boxers in case i get caught in the rain. and i keep a few other bags so i can put my work clothes in them or books and magazines if need be. then i keep work shoes at work.

i don't have an office or a locker, but no one seems to pay much attention to my backpack, jacket, and helmet in the back corner of the store. it works.

when i used to have presentations in school, id wear a suit on my bike. i got a few weird looks, but all in all, it wasn't too hard to do.