Any advice on dead battery! - Page 2 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Old 02-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Payne View Post
Checked the parasitic drain (thanks guys) and found no current leaking from the bike at all. This morning I went out and listened to him trying to start it and it would seem that in the cold, and it is cold, the battery does not have enough vavavoom (tm Renault) to crank the bike long enough to start. It starts fine once warm, so is that a case of more ampere hours or amps needed to turn it for a longer period?

Does anyone know what the largest battery battery is that can fit in the bike. The battery in there is sold as a scooter battery, and perhaps I should be getting something bigger as long as the physical dimensions fit ok.
Hi Howard, battery you need is 12v 5ah
This one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerline...4AAOSw0exZ7yEe
May help the poor start but that could be your Pilot Jet or Pilot screw, but before that try the battery ,its a bit more Umph than what you got