dead or more dead?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dead or more dead?

If you rode a suzuki canoftuna (katana) , and only for three months.Would you feel that you were ready for a honda 1000RR. One of my members of my riding club is crazy right? www.ghostryderz.com

Old 04-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Default RE: dead or more dead?

yeah i'd say he's pretty crazy, and thats speaking from experience. i rode my Kan-o-tuna for over a year before i moved up to my 600rr. even after that, im' still a little intimidated by my new bike. the gap between the bikes is pretty pronounced. sure, the top speed of the 600rr is only about 20 mph faster than the tunamobile, but the manner in which it gets to those speeds is just ridiculous. i definitely try to convince him to go with the 600rr. he wont be disappointed.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:37 PM

I would say it would depend on his maturity level and if, in your opinion, how much respect he would pay to it. I started with a Royal Enfield that can barely smoke a moped and stepped up to a 600rr. No problems or close calls yet (knocks on wood) but I treat it like a Presa Canario (do a Google image search)...with plenty of love and affection but keeping in mind that if I get stupid I'm gonna get bit H-A-R-D. Now if he was talking about a 1000rr I would definately suggest an intervention and intensive therapy. I won't even think about something like that until a I have few years under my belt with my 600rr and some technical riding lessons.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O.K. copper -- there goes that "more observant than the average bear" theory He did say 1000RR [8D]

I guess my question would be: is this dude responsible? Or is he gonna try to impress everybody he sees? And honostly ... nobody is "ready" for a 1000RR. I like the extra power because I'm lazy and hate having to fart around in the power band all the time. No way I'll ever ride it to its potential -- but it's fun anyway

Old 04-01-2006, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

O.K. copper -- there goes that "more observant than the average bear" theory He did say 1000RR [8D]

I guess my question would be: is this dude responsible? Or is he gonna try to impress everybody he sees? And honostly ... nobody is "ready" for a 1000RR. I like the extra power because I'm lazy and hate having to fart around in the power band all the time. No way I'll ever ride it to its potential -- but it's fun anyway
Ha-Ha! So, you got jokes huh? Re-read my post and note that I said, "Now if he was talking about a 1000rr" (Take an even closer look at examine the "if")

"Licks finger and makes a tick in the air for himself"

Copper

Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 AM

Would this be a good time to tell you about my HUGE store of illegal weapons? [&:] haha... you guys are crazy... cop an the outlaw ;P

I would say he is crazy... but sometimes thats a good thing. its all in how you look at it. Like these guys said, if hes just out to ride, and not trying to push it like hell, and is mature enough... sure, a 1krr will be alright. But if he thinks he can just twist the throttle an go, hes got another thing coming... maybe from behind him at a high rate of speed, after the front decides it wants to trade places with the rear.

either way, best of luck,

Chris

Old 04-02-2006, 12:17 AM

Just bought my 1krr in July of last year and before that the only thing that I had ever rode was a mid 90's Katana(borrowed from a friend for 2 weeks), and that was in 2000. Like most of these guys said, it depends on the maturity level. I cared more about my skin than looking cool in front of everyone. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE PERSON!!

Old 04-02-2006, 03:21 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: CBR76

Ha-Ha! So, you got jokes huh? Re-read my post and note that I said, "Now if he was talking about a 1000rr" (Take an even closer look at examine the "if")

Copper

You funny guy - ha ha -- but you no fool me So what'd ya do with the Enfield? Got any pics of that bad boy? They aren't quick (like you said) but it is a classic. Oh, and the old Bonnies too [8D]

Old 04-02-2006, 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR76

Copper

You funny guy - ha ha -- but you no fool me So what'd ya do with the Enfield? Got any pics of that bad boy? They aren't quick (like you said) but it is a classic. Oh, and the old Bonnies too [8D]
You interested in taking it off my hands??? I'll put up some pictures later today.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Retired Mod

hey cbr76, how in the world could you ride a royal enfield? the whole ride-side shift, left side brake just messes me up. i rode a guy's old triumph with this set-up and it just blew my mind. can't believe they still make those bikes, and still with the wrong side shifter! http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/

oh, and for the original question. your buddy has been riding a katana for only 3 months. forget about the liter bike. hell, forget about the 600's too. there is no way that he can even use that heavy underpowered bitch bike to it's potential yet. there is no way that he could possibly be ready to move up to ANY bike yet. sounds to me like he bought the katana, got sick of people making fun of him for not riding a "real" repli-racer, and now wants to show up on the biggest, meanest bike available. i've been riding for 10 years and there are still times that my 929 scares the **** out of me. and it's way down on power compared to the new 1000. since you are a friend of his, i recommend that you talk to him and make him realize that the katana is the right bike for him at this time.

Quick Reply: dead or more dead?