Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Worst bike you have rode

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Worst bike you have rode

oh this one is easy for me, my very first bike. It was a Kawasaki KE100, just a little two stroke dual sport. Talked my dad into buying it for me when I was 12. Bought brand new from local Kawi dealership and it worked about 30 minutes before we had to take it into the shop. Basically they told us that it wouldn't run right but they had no idea why. They flushed the fuel and all and replaced it, checked out the carbs, etc to make sure the premix stuff was done right but that wasn't the problem, the damn thing just wouldn't run right. For some reason the batteries for that damn thing were garbage, if you let it sit for more than a day without riding it, the battery would need to be charged up. After about 50 miles stuff started falling apart. Before long the exhaust fell off (I dropped it once but on the other side and it was kept in a garage)

honestly I didn't know such a POS bike could be made, it was ridiculous and the Kawi shop could never figure out what was wrong with it. We had to take it back to them about 20 times in the 400 miles total I put on the bike just riding up and down the roads in my neighborhood (I was never interested in the off-road thing). Looking back, if we had known about mini-motards, pocketbikes, or 125 GP bikes my life probably would have been much different but honestly that kind of thing doesn't really exist around here so the only road-going motorcycle we found for a 12 year old was that crappy little dual sport.

That entire experience has made me pretty much anti-kawasaki. It didn't help, though, that my dads fairly new kawi cruiser just had to have $1400 worth of repair work because of a couple bad gaskets in the fuel system and the only guy a ride with that has a Kawi has been having some really stupid problems with his brand new ZZR after just 1,000 miles. I've had some problems with my F4i (the only other bike I've ever had any problems with) but that was after 10,000 miles with about 6,000 of those being pure torture and several crashes, along with my ghetto rigging style of repair and electrical work, most of the problems being ones I casued anyway.

I've had some other bikes that some people seem to dislike, my GS500 is actually a blast (it doesn't run at the moment but its almost older than I am and sat for quite a few years). I love lightweight bikes and this one has some good tires on it so it was a lot of fun to just wring its neck! good stuff. I race an SV650 and it seems a lot of people treat the SV like a beginners bike but I think I would enjoy this bike on the street. Its got an amazing seat and while its only about 75-80 HP, its still a blast to ride and again, you really have to wring its neck to go fast which makes it fun to me.
I've ridden plenty of "better" bikes than my F4i and 600RR like the 07 R6, ZX-10, GSX-Rs, 07 RR, etc but IMO its the bike you feel most comfortable on that is the most fun and for me thats the F4i. On the street you really can't push any of these bikes to their limits anyway and most people that say bikes like the F4i aren't "fast" just haven't learned how to rev the bike properly.Seems like on the 1000s you can't even rev first gear very far before your breaking every speed limit in the state.

anyway, here is a pic of that stupid POS little kawi that I still hate with a passion to this day:

Old 10-24-2007, 11:33 AM

2006 honda shadow vlx lol... my bike could beat that thing with first gear alone, and its heavy and low. Feet stretched way ahead of me, huge rake on the front forks.. cruisers just suck to ride.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

anyway, here is a pic of that stupid POS little kawi that I still hate with a passion to this day:
HA ha. A little pent up frustration, have we?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 AM

haha, maybe just a little...

when it did run, I liked riding it a lot but in 5 years we could only keep it running long enough to put 400 miles on the thing which is the kinda thing that really pisses me off. I can't imagine how my dad feels since he had to pay for all the times we had to take the damn thing back to the dealership to figure out what the hell was wrong with it. I wouldn't be surprise if he paid more to the service dept over the years than we did for the bike in the first place.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 AM

How about a GS500 four, Mexican import that came with BSA pipes on it? I've ridden faster better handling lawnmowers!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Leon@carolinacycle

How about a GS500 four, Mexican import that came with BSA pipes on it? I've ridden faster better handling lawnmowers!!!
Who makes that?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:55 PM

can o tuna

Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM

My first bike was a Kaw Ninja 500ex with a ****ty paint job. It has a yoshi slip on pipe, sounded like a ford and accelerated like ****. I put it on my worst list.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:59 PM

Besides sounding like a lawn mower, are they really that bad?

Old 12-06-2007, 05:55 PM

I once rodemy friends2004 Suzuki Katana 600. Gayest bike ever.My friends Harley could beat it, and my bike spanks that Harley.

Quick Reply: Worst bike you have rode