Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Who ever rides one handed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man...if my passenger ever had a problem with that, they would turn from passenger to pedestrian pretty quickly.
nice...

Old 07-04-2009, 07:23 PM

I ride one handed all the time I just rest my forearm/elbow on the tank and just cruise....

Old 07-07-2009, 04:16 PM

I go one handed all the time wife never cares too much about it.. now if I go no handed for over like 5 seconds she gets a little pissed and slaps me. But sometimes I just like to stretch out.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:38 PM

I guess i do all of the stuff that everyone else does, and sometimes i like to go through the gears with just one hand (with no clutch).. sometimes just to see if i can, and other times to attempt to look cool... (hasn't work yet)

Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 PM

Kinda off topic but not, has anyone ever tried touching the ground around a turn while riding one handed? My friend did that in front of me one day and ive been trying ever since and have yet to do it.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
Ill take my left hand off and tuck it between my chest and the tank and hide behind the windscreen when its cold. Before I had a bike id give the guys I work with a hard time for not riding their bikes in when it was in the mid 40s to low 50s in the morn. I did it a couple times and I now know why they didnt do it. Id get to a red light and not want to get moving again

LOL I do that too, I thought I was the only one..lol But i do that just bc I dont think its that comfortable to put it on my knee. I just get lazy and want to slouch. I dont ride in the cold

Old 07-11-2009, 05:34 PM

Lately I've been downshifting one handed a lot too, now that I've got the timing figured out, I just about only use my clutch to stop or take off,

Old 07-11-2009, 06:52 PM

I do it quite a bit. I had wrist surgery over a year ago, and it gets stiff pretty quick. Taking the hand off is a way to give it a break and stretch it out a little bit.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:16 PM

I usually take my left hand off and place it on my thigh if im trundling through a 30mph zone. I've always got two fingers over the front brake incase something happens.

If its safe to do so I'll wave instead of nodding to other riders.

I have tried going no handed but I find the CBR takes a fair shift in body weight to make it turn. Ill work on it though.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:58 PM

The throttle on my F3 sticks, on purpose, so I've got cruise control. I've gone over 5 miles on the highway playing "superman". I-95 to Florida got boring in some places. (Ahem, Georgia.. my most un-favorite state). Ya get some funny looks from drivers when they see you w/o hands on the bars.

When it comes to steering without hands, just move your body like a snake. Start with a shift in the head (left or right) and follow it down to your hips. That'll swing the bike the way you want to go. Also work on your footing. You can change the lean with the amount of weight on one foot.

Quick Reply: Who ever rides one handed?