Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Who ever rides one handed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:04 AM
June 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who ever rides one handed?

I ride handed whenever Im just riding along in a straight line. Im 6'3 so I use it as an opportunity to stretch out a bit. Ive only rode for 2 months so I havnt had anyone on the back

Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's an opening for a joke there Steve but I think I'll leave that one alone.
I take a hand off the bars on the odd times, but only for a short time (a few seconds at most). Get the blood circulating, bloody hell though, some of the pain in the wrist & for me in the fingers can get mental. So I usually try to stop for a break on those all day hauls (& hopefully get a caffeine hit as well). Used to complain about mates having to stop all the time for a pee, but now I'm glad they do. Keep meaning to get one of those manual 'Cruise control' thingo's, but as usual I never remember till my hands a screaming.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:28 AM

ya I ride one handed all the time as long as im just cruising or there isn't too much conjestion around me.... I rest my hand on my gf's leg when she rides with me, but shehas never said anything to me about it, so, i guess she's okay with it

Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, I ride no hands when coasting up to a stop light, and use the opportunity to practice moving the bike back and forth across the lane (you CAN steer a bike by leaning it, just not very quickly or accurately).

I usually keep both hands on the bars except when it`s cold I sometimes put my left hand on the engine to thaw out my fingers.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Munson

Hell, I ride no hands when coasting up to a stop light, and use the opportunity to practice moving the bike back and forth across the lane (you CAN steer a bike by leaning it, just not very quickly or accurately).

I usually keep both hands on the bars except when it`s cold I sometimes put my left hand on the engine to thaw out my fingers.
Me too on both counts. Passenger never says a word...because there is no rear seat, so I never carry a passenger.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 PM

I only take my left hand off the bars to give oncoming Harleys the finger.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 PM

I do it alot when im riding on the highway, alot of times i take my hand off and put my arm across the tank and lean my weight on that togive my back, arms, and wrists a rest. I also sometimes when there arent cars around will go no handed, theres this one sweeping downhill left than right curve comming up to a light and i like to jsut coast no handed down to that, its good practice and alot of fun (alll done when no cars are around of course)

Quick Reply: Who ever rides one handed?